Chapter 2

Isabella's POV
"Mom, my stomach..." Gabriella starts as we walk through the halls of our new school. Today starts our first day at East high school. Courtesy of our mother's work company seeking her assistance in Albuquerque New Mexico. Great. Another new unfamiliar place, a new school, no friends, just me and my sisters. All alone... yay... The principal agreed to give our mother and us a short tour of the school so we could become familiar with our surroundings.
"Is always nervous on the first day at a new school. You'll do great. You all will. You three always do." Our mother says with a reassuring smile as she looks at all three of us with our solemn faces.
"Plus I made my company promise that I can't be transferred again until you three graduate." Mom said as she placed her hands on mine and Gabriella's shoulders.
"I've reviewed your impressive transcripts. All of your light will shine brightly at East High." The principal said with a smile.
"I don't want to be the school's freaky genius girl again." Amelia stated as she turned to face our mother.
"Yeah and neither do I." I pleaded as I looked at my mother.
"Just be you." She said as she cupped our cheeks and placed a sweet kiss to our foreheads before ushering us towards the stairs for our first class. The three of us bid our goodbyes and walked towards the stairs. I looked back at my mother one last time before continuing up the staircase with my sisters.

After a few moments of searching, we finally found our home room. Some how the school was kind enough to let me and my sisters be in the same home room. Ms. Darbus' Drama class. When we arrive in the classroom, there happened to be exactly 3 empty seats available. One in the back of the class (I call dibs on that one!), one near a brown curly haired boy, and another near the teachers desk in the front row.

I hurriedly handed my sisters and I's paperwork to the teacher and squeezed past some of the students and headed for the seat in the back of the class.
"Excuse me." I said as I passed by a blonde haired girl clothed fully in pink.
Gabriella reluctantly went to the seat in the front while Amelia sat next to the curly haired boy in the second row. Once I got to my desk I placed my my bag on the ground and laid my head on the desk. In doing so, I couldn't shake the weird feeling of someone staring at me. But oddly enough it seemed familiar in an odd way?
"I trust you all had splendid holidays. Check the sign up sheets in the lobby for new activities," Ms. Darbus started as the bell rung.
"Mr. Bolton." She called, getting the attention of a boy- wait. Was that Troy? No that's stupid. There is absolutely no way we could be going to the same school...right?
"Especially our winter musicale. We will have single's auditions..." she continued. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Amelia's jaw drop when the curly haired boy she was sitting next to spoke to the boy who I had suspected to be Troy. She whipped her head around to me and whispered,"Is that the guy?!" I nodded my head and whispered back "I think so, but I'm not too sure. I can't see." Because who knows, it could just be a look alike. I mean, what are the odds that something like this actually happens.
"We have singles auditions and pair's auditions for our two leads." Ms. Darbus continued. Her last statement earned a mocking thumbs downs and a playful eye roll from the boy next to Amelia as he looked at her. Which earned a small giggle from Amelia. And a content smile from said boy which was directed towards her.
"Mr. Danforth, this is a place of learning, not a hockey arena." The teacher sternly said which caused the boy to gulp, taking his basketball off the top of his desk and into his arms while looking down at his hands. He glanced back at Amelia earning another one of her award winning smiles before he started paying 'attention'.

"There is also a final sign up for next week's scholastic decathlon competition. Chem club President Taylor McKessie can answer all of your questions about that." Mrs. Darbus continued as a girl raised her hand (Who I assume is Taylor...She seems nice.). Just then, a phone went off in the classroom.
"Ah, the cell phone menace has returned to our crucible of learning." Ms. Darbus walked around the room with a tin pail labeled 'phones'.
"Is it your phone? Sharpay and Ryan, cellphones. I will see you in detention." She said as who I'm assuming to be Sharpay and Ryan placed their phones into the pail.
I of course, stupidly reached into my bag to see if my phone was the one ringing. And lucky for me, it was. BUT Troy was the one calling me.
"We have zero tolerance for cellphones in class so we will get to know each other in detention. Cell phone." Ms. Darbus stated as she arrived at my desk demanding my cellphone to be put in the pail. I placed my phone in with a sigh but quickly recovered as I realized I was right about Troy and I attending the same school.
"And welcome to EastHigh Miss Montez." She says while looking at me and my sisters which caused them both to slouch in their seats.
"Mr. Bolton, I see your phone is involved. So we will see you in detention as well." She stated as she took Troy's phone.
"No, no, no, no, That's not a possibility, Miss Darbus. Your honor, see, cause we have basketball practice and Troy..." The boy who sat next to Amelia tried to save his friend from detention.
"Ah, that will be 15 minutes for you, too, Mr. Danforth. Count 'em." She snapped.
"That could be tough for Chad. Since he probably can't count that high." Taylor quipped, earning a snicker from Amelia.
"Taylor McKessie and Amelia Montez, 15 minutes!" Ms. Darbus snapped, slamming the phone pail onto Troy's desk. Ooof. They both just got government named. Yikes.
"Shall the carnage continue? Holidays are over, people. Way over! Now, any more comments, questions?" She finally finished her rant and looked around the classroom. A boy who sat in the back of the classroom slowly raised his hand.
"Jason." She called on him.
"So, how were your Holidays Miss Darbus?" He asked innocently with a smile. Everyone in the class groaned including Ms. Darbus at his idiocy. Although I did kind of feel bad for him.
"What?" He asked with a dumbfounded expression.
Not a moment later, the warning bell rang for our next class. Some may even say we were literally saved by the bell.

I quickly picked up my belongings and followed the rest of the class out of the classroom. Maybe I'll get to speak to Troy!
"Bye sis, see you in detention." Amelia said as she and Gabriella exited before me. As I exited the classroom I looked around the hall to see if I could catch a glimpse of Troy. In doing so, someone gently grabbed my arm.
"Hey!" Troy said when he turned me towards him.
"I don't-"
"Believe it."
"Well, me-"
"Either. But how?" Troy asked once he finished finishing my sentences.
"Well my mom's company transferred her here to Albuquerque. I can't believe you live here. I looked for you at the lodge on New Year's Day." I said. I was smiling so big my face hurt. I still can't believe that this 1 in a million chance is happening to me right now. I just can't wrap my head around it.
"We had to leave first thing." He whispered as he began to lead me down the hall. Wait why was he whispering? I'm quite sure nobody is paying attention to us right now in the midst of the crazy hallway.
"Why are you whispering." I asked him.
"What? Oh, uh...My friends know about the snowboarding. Um I haven't quite told them about the singing thing." He said before he got cut off by a random student that past by.
"Hey, what's up Troy?" The students asked as he fist bumped Troy.
"Hey." Troy said as he greeted the student as they walked by before he turned his attention back to me.
"Too much for the, to handle?" I asked with a playful smile.
"Oh, no it was cool." Troy assured me with a smile before he awkwardly looked around the hallway and brushed his hands on his pants and continued.
"But, you know my friends, it's uh... it's not what I do. That was, like, uh a different person." He continued to ramble as I turned a corner during his rambling. He of course followed after me as we arrived on the main hallway.
"So, uh, anyway, welcome to East High." He said with a chuckle as he changed the subject and spread his arms to help him express his thoughts.
"Oh, and now that you've met Miss Darbus, I bet you just can't wait to sign up for that." He finished with a smile and a playful tone in his voice which earned a giggle and bright smile from me as we pasted a bulletin with the audition sign-up sheet for the school musical.
"Oh, I won't be signing up for anything for a while. I just want to get to know the school. Plus,  it's not really my forte. I'm not big on crowds...and lots of people." I said as I twiddled my fingers as I recalled all of my other encounters with similar events.
"Oh, c'mon. I bet you'd do great. Considering your amazing voice. " Troy said with another charming smile and nudged my shoulder which earned yet another small giggle from me. Wow, he sure does know how to flatter a girl.
"No, really it's not really my thing. But if you sign up, I'd consider coming to the show." I quipped with a smirk.
"Yeah, yeah. That's completely impossible." He stated causing us both to share a quick laugh before being cut off yet again.
"What's impossible, Troy?" Sharpay said as she literally appeared out of thin air from behind the bulletin.
"I wouldn't think "impossible" is even in your vocabulary." She said with a painfully fake smile as she stared all googly eyed at Troy.
"Oh, so nice of you to show one of our new classmates around." Sharpay said as she finally noticed my existence before staring daggers at me. Which caused me and Troy to look at each other awkwardly. Sharpay then walked infront of the bulletin with a pink sharpie in her hand and wrote her name in huge letters across the sign-up sheet under the pairs auditions. Which took up all the remaining space on the paper. She then whipped her head around to face us before asking,
"Oh, were you going to sign up too?"she asked but didn't give us anytime to speak before she continued.
"My brother and I have starred in all the school's productions and we really welcome newcomers. There are a lot of supporting roles. I'm sure we could find something for you." She finally finished talking with yet another fake smile, saving me and Troy from another earful.
"No, no, no. I was just looking at all of the bulletin boards." I denied her previous accusation. Troy also nodded his head along to help sell my excuse.
"A lots going on in this school. Wow." I finished while I looked around at the busy school, amazed.
"Nice penmanship by the way." I told her as I began to walk away.
"Goodbye, Troy." I said as I turned my head over my shoulder and flashed Troy a smile, which he returned before I continued on my way to my next class with a giddy feeling in my chest.

......................................................................................................................................................
We've made it guys! Another chapter is finished! I hope y'all enjoyed and if you did then stay tuned for the next chapter! Byeeeeee!

-ThatAnimeKid