18

After a while, I calmed down, regaining my senses. He slid the file towards me, and I looked at it immediately.

"It's just an act, the girlfriend act. You'll pretend to be my girlfriend for three months. I won't bother you, you won't need to live with me, you don't need to kiss me or anything of that sort, I just need you to attend the occasional dinners with my family, pretend like you're my girlfriend around my family, and just be convincing." He explained as I read through the contract briefly.

"Three months? Can we not make it a week? Is that not enough?" I stared at him, not really complaining about this but then again, I'm Sarang, I can't show that I am extremely willing to do something like this - I have to put up a fight first.

He looked at me, deadly serious.

"No not a week, three months. You can read through the contract at home." Jay spoke, and I put the contract back on the table, giving him a sigh.

"I'm telling you, it's just a label. I'll introduce you to my father as my girlfriend, on days where he wants to go out with you, we'll go and act like a couple. And it'll be like that for three months. Come on, how can you deny something like this." Jay crossed his arms, thinking he's fully convinced me.

"How can I deny something like this? Uh, just like this - I am not becoming your fake girlfriend for three months." I told him, staring at him, still shocked he could even offer me something like that.

"I'll take you anywhere you want, as a compromise." Jay mentioned, and now I was interested. I fixed my posture, looking at him.

"Anywhere? Elaborate." I stared into his eyes, intrigued as a smirk formed onto his lips.

"You name it. I'll take you there." Jay was confident in his answer, and I quite liked that about him, how he was always confident no matter what.

"Even to different countries?" Now I was asking the real questions. His expression didn't change.

"If we have time, yes." He responded, and I clapped my hands once, on board with this idea.

"Alright! Then that's fine, you should've mentioned this from the start." I nodded, approving this idea.

"You have to be a convincing girlfriend though. Cut out the 'hating' bullshit, I don't want to hear no insults come from your mouth, same with physical touch, I'm not expecting you to make out with me, but holding hands or something like that, we will have to do." He explained, and I didn't even care at this point, I was just thinking about the time I can have in the Caribbeans, or in the slopes of Switzerland.

"Are you even listening?" Jay's voice cut me out of my daze, I looked back at him.

"Oh yeah, oh yeah, of course, holding hands, sure, okay. When do I start?" I looked over at him, he gave a quick smile, taking the file and pulling out a piece of paper.

It was just a contract, stating that this was only for three months, and that we both had to abide by contract rules and any new rules that may come up in the future.

I skimmed through the writing, and just put my signature at the bottom, sliding the paper back towards Jay.

"Also, one last thing before I leave." Jay randomly said, I looked up at him, wondering what it was now, "Try not to actually fall in love with me, I know how alone you are, so it'd probably be easy for you to."

The smile on my face faded faster than ever, I glared at him, a disgusted look on my face.

"You should be more careful around me, I can tell you get obsessed easily, best of luck." I chuckled, crossing one leg over the other as he just gazed at my face, observing my features.

"Wanna bet?" He raised a brow, folding his arms and resting his hand on the back of his neck, his biceps bulging through his shirt.

I gazed at his arms for a slight second, before looking into his eyes.

"Sure thing." I confidently said, "There is no way I will remotely like you, even a little bit. Not a chance fuckboy."

"That's a bold assumption for someone who hasn't dated any guy yet. Alright though, if you wish." He chuckled, "If you manage to fall in love with me by the end of the three months, I want you to openly admit that I'm doing better than you in life, and that I'm in general, better than you academically."

I gave a scoff, first of all, these were both lies.

"Yeah, good luck with getting me to admit such things. It just motivates me to hate you more." I flashed him a bitter smile, standing up as he stood up. I grabbed the contract stating all the rules from earlier.

"I suppose we'll see in three months, sweetheart." Another know-it-all, smug type of smirk plastered onto his lips as he stared into my eyes intently, not breaking the eye contact.

"Can't wait to see it, fuckboy."