19

A WEEK LATER

After the contract was signed, there wasn't really much after it. And to be fair, it wasn't so bad for the first week.

I didn't need to see Jay, and we didn't text each other, so I could get with this.

Suddenly, interrupting me from my break, a text message appeared on my phone.

jay: oh my god are you busy

jay: family dinner later tonight ive just said i have a girlfriend

jay: i swear to god sarang you better get your ass over here later because my parents have invited some girl they were talking about arranging dates with

I groaned, rolling my eyes. I was in my surgeon scrubs, not slept in a while, and this guy wants me to look all pretty and classy after I just dug my fingers into a body?

sarang: what the hell is this short term notice

sarang: bruh fuck you send me the address

jay: no im taking you

I almost dropped my phone, and my co-workers looked at me as if I was weird. I flashed them a light smile and head into my office.

sarang: um i dont think so

jay: lol just wait

I closed my phone after that, I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but surely he had no idea where I lived, and plus, he wouldn't be able to drag me in his car. I'll simply go by myself, is it that hard to listen to a woman?

-

I finished my last operation a little late, but other than that, I was done for the day. As I head out of the operating room, a nurse came up to me, blushed cheeks and a flustered smile.

"Why do you look like you've just been given a bouquet of flowers.." I stared at her, wondering what the hell was going on.

"Sarang, I didn't know your boyfriend was Jay Park." She chuckled as my smile dropped, I just stared at her, annoyed.

"Boyf-- oh! Uh, yeah. Where.. actually is he right now?" I gave her an unsure chuckle, completely furious at his arrival at the hospital I worked at.

"He's over at the reception, he's so sweet, you're so lucky." She grinned as I flashed her a smile with a short, fake laugh.

So lucky? I'm so lucky?? I feel like I've just been dragged to the depths of hell right now, I don't know in what world my scenario is lucky, but I hate it either way.

I stormed over to the reception, seeing a tall man, stood smiling stupidly while talking to the receptionist who was just giggling and staring at him with stars in her eyes.

I glared at Jay as he turned to look at me, a smirk forming onto his lips.

"What the hell are you doing here." I whispered, in a hiss-like tone.

"Aw, I missed you too, what's up sweetheart." He put his arm around me, smoothly guiding me out of the hospital and out of sight of any colleagues.

I turned my head to look at him, his arm still around me. All I simply did, was glare at him, my eyes shooting daggers.

"You told my fucking colleagues we're dating?!" I scoffed, throwing his arm off me and staring at him in utter disbelief.

He looked around, and then shrugged, staring at me with a careless look and a grin on his face.

"What? Does it hurt for people to know you have such a handsome and cool boyfriend?" Jay gave a smug smile, staring at me with some newfound confidence.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head and crossing my arms. I dug into my pockets frantically, Jay looked at me as if I was crazy.

"What are you looking for? Did you forget something?" He inquired, genuinely looking concerned.

"Yes, I'm looking for my scalpel, I'm going to fucking dig your eyes out." I continued searching my pockets, "Damn, guess you got lucky today." I sighed, looking at him with a straight face.

His concerned look dissipated in seconds, he just gave me a scoff, along with that signature smirk of his.

"Yeah whatever, are you done with your shift yet?" Jay inquired, changing the topic to the topic I dread.

"Yeah, and for your information, I'll be going like this to see your parents." I swung my car keys around my fingers, heading towards the parking lot of the hospital.

Jay hurried beside me, taking my wrist in his hand. He spun me around, staring at me intently.

"The funny thing is that I can't tell if you're serious or not." He refused to let me get any closer to the parking lot, in fear that I might actually turn up in my surgeon scrubs.

"Use some common sense maybe.." I jeered, flashing him an insincere smile before pulling my arm out of his.

"I expect your address to be sent to me, I'll pick you up." Jay persisted with this 'picking me up' thing, to which I just let out a groan as I unlocked my car.

"God aren't you obsessed? And to think that you said you wouldn't fall first for me - I suppose you're already losing." I had the last word before sitting in and shutting the door to my car, just so he couldn't respond.

I could tell from his face he completely regret choosing me.