I wanted to reject him on the spot.

But when I saw him standing there on the stairs, I couldn't do it. I couldn't say the words.

I saw that he was happy when he looked at me. He wanted to go to me, but he saw my cold stare and he stopped himself.

Goddess, he was beautiful. I always thought that he was pretty and hot but now that he's my mate, he was even more beautiful than before he smelled like strawberries and watermelon. His long brown hair was falling freely down his back. His blue eyes were an ocean. I want to swim in. His lips were perfect. His small body was perfect. Every curve was made for me. I just wanted to touch him.

I clenched my fist to stop myself. I shut Ian out completely because he would kill me for what I was about to do. He was so happy when he smelled him. I didn't want him to see this I would deal with him later.

I was relieved when Namjoon told him to go upstairs, I would be able to think clearly now that he wasn't here.

I could tell Namjoon was not happy with my explanation, but he knew that I was right he knew that the pack always came first and his brother was a child. He just shifted today. He couldn't control his wolf property and he couldn't fight in wolf form. The rogues would use him against me and that will ruin the pack. I need a strong Luna. Jennie would be a great Luna. She was strong kind. Our pack would benefit from having her as a Luna.

"Namjoon ." I called after he didn't respond.

"Fuck." He muttered. "You are right. Jennie is strong she would be a great Luna. But that doesn't mean my brother couldn't get stronger."

"It doesn't." I agree. "But we don't have time to train him to make him stronger. Rogues would use him as a liability against me and the pack would suffer. You know I'm right."

He nodded and ran his hand through his hair.

"Do you want to tell him now?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yes it doesn't make sense to wait."

"Fine." He said "I will go get him.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself. I couldn't distract by my bond. By him. I need to do this for my father for my pack.

It would never sever the bond. Nothing did. I would still feel her she would still be my mate, but I will break free to make Jennie my Luna.

"Fuck!" I heard Namjoon yell and I imo ran upstairs.

His smell was so intoxicating up here. I couldn't help but breathing it in deeply.

"What happened?" I asked Namjoon.

He left his  room, but he wasn't with him.

"He left." He growled .

My heart started beating painfully he left. He probably heard us and left. What if something happened to him? I could've let that happen. I couldn't live without him.

"Ian?" I called my wolf. "Can you feel our mates wolf? Is he okay?"

"No." He growled at me. "His wolf is in pain. He retracted far back in mates mind.  I can't feel him."

Fuck. Fuck!

"You are  a complete fucker Jungkook." Ian growled. "Mate is perfect and strong. You'll be sorry for what you did. "

I didn't respond. I pushed him to the back of my mind. I didn't need that now. He is an anima. He reacts purely on instinct. And his instinct is to get his mate. I have to be the one think rationally and think about our pack.

Namjoon ran past me went downstairs.  He grabbed his jacket, ran out through the front door. I followed him in a daze.

"Come on Jungkook." He growled. "Follow his scent. Where did he go?"

I focused on him and did what he told me to do. His scent was strongest underneath her bedroom window, and it continued toward the forest.

"Shit" Namjoon muttered.

We hurried towards the forest, and I told him where to go based on the intensity of his scent. It wasn't hard to follow him, so it wouldn't be long since he walked this path.

Suddenly his sent just stopped I couldn't smell him anymore. It was just like he just disappeared. My heart stopped beating.

"What's wrong?" Namjoon asked.

" I can't smell him anymore." I said quietly. "The smell is completely gone."

"Fuck!" He yelled. "He used masking spray."

I close my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself. He was okay. I would have felt if something happened to him.

"Taehyung?!" Namjoon yelled.

"Ian?" I called my wolf. "I know you're mad at me but I need you to try and talk to his wolf. Tell him to come back."

" I will." He growled. "But not because of you I want my mates to be safe."

"Ian will try to talk to his wolf." I told Namjoon.

"If something happens to him. I will kill you. Alpha or not he." He growled at me.

He was the only one who could say something like that to me. If he wasn't my best friend, he would be dead already.

"He's okay Namjoon."  I said "I would feel it is something happened to him."

"What if he decided to leave the pack huh?" He growled. "To become a rogue because he heard his mate. The one person who should love him unconditionally say that he is not strong enough to be his mate and Luna."

"I didn't do that not yet anyway." A voice said from the forest.

Namjoon and  I turned towards the sound. Taehyung leaned against. I let a breath that had been holding. He is okay.

He wearing tights that let me see his legs perfectly. His face was even more beautiful than it was back at the house. How was it possible for someone to become even more beautiful in a matter of minutes? I had to use all my strength not to go to him and make him mine. If  I was a regular wolf and not an alpha, I didn't think I would be able to do that.

Namjoon ran towards him, hugged him. I got jealous. I wanted to do that. I knew I couldn't. I had to be strong.

"Goddess, Taehyung." Namjoon yelled. "Don't ever do that again!"

He didn't hug him back. He stepped away from him and looked at me.

"You're here to reject me right." He said quietly. "Come on do it let's get this over."

Namjoon and I shared a confused look. How was he so calm? So.. strong? I looked back at him and he was staring at me with his head held high.

I took a deep breath and walked closer to him. "You know why I have to do this."

"I do." He nodded. "I heard everything."

I nodded and ran my hand through my hair. Every part of me was screaming at me not to do this. Ian clawed his way to the front of my mind to see his mate, and he was growling and whining. I didn't want to do this. I wanted him, but I had to for my pack .

I took a deep breath, looked directly in his wonderful eyes.

"I Jeon Jungkook, Alpha of the crescent moon pack, reject you, Kim Taehyung of the crescent moon pack."

I can fill my heartbeat, my heart breaking. Ian was howling inside me and I could feel his pain.

He was looking right at me. I can see the pain in his eyes, but he refused to show it. Most wolves  fall to their knees from pain. I wanted to fall to my knees claw at my chest. But he didn't . He was standing there with his head held high. He took a deep breath and close his eyes.

"I Kim Taehyung of the crescent moon pack, except your rejection."

I close my eyes and felt tears running down my cheeks. when I open them, he was gone.

The bond was still there. Nothing has changed. I felt the same way toward him. I still wanted him, but I just opened the door for me to mate with another wolf.