Chapter 94 - Birthday Bubbles

⚠️TW's⚠️
Talk of neglect
Talk of child abuse
Talk of imprisonment
Talk of dead parent/s
Trauma
————

AARON'S POV:
I wake up, it's Juliette's twentieth birthday! I don't think she knows that I know.

Slowly and quietly, I lift myself from under the sheets and creep into the bathroom, not wanting to wake her.

After showering and cleaning my teeth, I turn on the taps for the bath - putting in some lavender scented bubble-bath and I lit some candles.

I check the time once the tub is filled with water.
It's 7:27am.
Juliette wakes every morning at 7:30am, so if I want to wake her up with a nice bath, then right now, she should still be asleep. I don't have to worry about her starting work, being as she starts working at nine, (even though she normally starts way earlier), that's two and a half hours away.

I sneak into the bedroom and sit down on her side of the bed, my feet on the floor, my hand reaching down to stroke her cheek.

"Love~" I whisper.

"Hmm~" she mumbles back to me.

"Wake up sweetheart, I've got a surprise for you!" I lean down and kiss her forehead.

She finally opens her eyes and I am met with the oceans of love and warmth that drown me, completely submerging me into the depths of the wild oceans, only for me to become caught by the current, or a massive wave.

"Morning." She smiled. Sitting up and pecking my lips.

I grin. "Happy birthday, love!" I put both my hands on either one of his cheeks and pulled her face to mine softly, gently kissing her lips.

"Wait... what- how did you know that?!" She snapped back into a continuous mind, realising that she - herself - had never told anyone when her birthday was. "Do you do this every morning, waiting for the day you're right?"

I chuckle, shaking my head. "No love, I know your birthday. The first of December!"

She smiles shyly and tries to hide the immense blush that spreads across her already flushed cheeks.
"Love... are you blushing?" I tease
"Of course not." She shakes her head vigorously. "Why would you think such a thing?"
"Maybe because your cheeks suddenly turned blood-red."
"Shut up!" She hides her face in her pillow.

I picked her up, bridal style. She squeals in surprise.
"Aaron!"

I chuckle. "I've got you, don't worry. I would never, ever, drop you."

She giggles in my arms. "Why're you carrying me?"

I take her into the bathroom and stand her in front of the bath.

"Bath!" I happily grin.

She turns around and quickly kisses my lips. "You're adorable, Aaron. Thank you."

"You're welcome - it's your birthday, you deserve to be pampered."

She smiles again, showing me her stunning lips. "No one has ever done anything for me like this."

"You better get used to it." I wink.

She slips herself out of her bedclothes and tosses them onto the floor.
She then slips in the bath, submerging in the popping bubbles.

JULIETTE'S POV:
As I sit inside the hot water, the sound of the bubbles popping and the water rippled whenever I move.

"How's the temperature?" Aaron asked me.

"It's wonderful, thank you." I reach my wet hand out and grab his dry one, he sit kneeling on the floor next to the bathtub.

"I'm glad."