At Yaya's

STEF POV

Today, I had all of my grandchildren with me, and it was surely like a zoo around here. But, I loved it. It kept me sane, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world ever.

Each one of them was so unique, which I loved, but I could damn sure see some similarities. Especially with Jude's two little girls. It made me laugh to see how bossy Amelia was now, and I knew where she got it from.

My little granddaughter had not always been that way, and this side of her had not come out until recently. She was surely a sassy one, and her little sister Antonitte was not very far behind.

I had to tap her behind a few times lately because she was turning into a little handful. Antoinette was no different than Baby Stef had been when she was one years old because she had been just as much of a handful.

It was okay, I knew how to handle every single one of my grandchildren, and I couldn't wait until the new one arrived.

Lately, with going to church and praying, I was trying to grasp this new situation we were in with Callie. I wasn't really in it like Jude, Mike, Pete, and Lena were. Yes, Lena and I were her proxies, but I didn't make any decisions, visit her, or speak with Callie.

My wife would just update me on how Callie was doing and what progress she was making at the facility. Lena understood that was pretty much all I could handle, and I was grateful she knew that.

Being that I was such a controlling person and had to know everything down to the last detail, I had to calm myself down in terms of needing to know it all.With Callie, I couldn't know everything. Initially, when Wilson sat Lena and me down along with her new social worker and case worker, the things we heard that our daughter had gone through broke my heart in half along with Lena's.

We learned that not only had she been pregnant again when she entered Chow, but we also learned what that fuck face Chuckie planned on doing with the baby and Callie.

That was just the icing on the cake along with her shitfest of a biological family being involved. All of me wanted to go up to whatever fucking prison they were in and kill them. That was my idea of solving the problem but Roxy had talked me out of it along with going to see Violet.

No part of me was perfect, and I still had my moments despite how much Callie had torn my heart in half. She was still my daughter.

I couldn't get my hopes up in terms of her ass finally getting help. It wasn't a good idea, because I risked getting my heart ripped in half and ending up in someone's hospital with another fucking stroke or heart attack.

It was hard to admit that my heart wasn't as tough as it had been when I was in Chow, even if I liked to think it still was.

"Ma, do you want me to change Netty?" I hear Noah ask me. He was home with me today and was helping out with the babies and building Amelia a dollhouse, which I appreciated.

It had been a few weeks since he had come back home, and while we still had our suspicions about what happened at college, he had been doing well. He got a job with a friend of Mike's helping to build and renovate homes.

He was still tutoring, and thankfully, he helped out with the driving and grocery shopping. Mike said he planned on shooting some hoops with him this week along with Jude to see if they could get any more information out of him. So far, none of us had been successful, but we would all keep trying.

"Yeah, baby boy, you can change her." I say, turning around and seeing him holding both Antoinette and Faith in his arms."You can put Faith down in the playpen while I finish these bottles, my love."