III

Luz woke up in a sorry state once again. This seemed to be a common occurrence by that point, and she could not help but wonder why. She decided to clear her head and refresh her weak limbs by taking a walk outside. This had always seemed to help her, making it her best chance at starting the day off right. She stood up from her sofa, finding her balance through her arms.

Once she had completed her preparation for the day and was about to exit her home, she nearly tripped on one of the floor's contents. She looked down, curious as to what it was.

"Oh, Amity's handbag..." she realized. She would have to drop it off at Amity's house during her morning walk.

She exited her home and was met by blinding sunlight, along with a bit of fog. After taking a moment to adjust, she set off on her way.

Upon her arrival, she knocked on the wooden door with Amity's conveniently cat-shaped door knocker. She could only hope that Amity was not one to sleep late.

Fortunately, she was not. In fact, she looked more awake than Luz felt.

"Oh, hi, Luz!" She grinned.

"Hey, Amity! I came to drop this off, you left it at my house." Luz offered her the bag.

Amity gasped. "I've been looking for that all morning! Thank you, Luz."

Luz avoided her gaze, feeling a blush creep to her cheeks. "Ah, it's... it's no problem!"

She began to look for a change of subject. Then, she saw a small white cat beside Amity's feet.

"Is that your cat?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah, her name is Ghost!" Amity took Ghost in her arms and offered her to Luz.

Luz carefully reached a hand out and stroked Ghost between her ears. The cat emitted a soft, contented purr.

"She's so soft," Luz remarked.

"I brushed her fur today," Amity said.

"I have some pet mice, but there are a lot more that live in the walls." Luz predicted that she would later regret this statement.

Fortunately, Amity laughed. "Come on in, Luz."

Somehow, Amity had managed to make her house look like herself in a way Luz could not describe. There were numerous photos of her cat, and it was fairly obvious to Luz that she was fond of the color pink.

Her admiration was interrupted when she realized she had flower petals all over her shoes from her walk.

"Ah, sorry..." She kicked them off on the porch step, prompting Ghost to take a cautious step back. She looked at Amity and said, "Your house is beautiful."

"Thank you, Luz. It probably won't look as good after a while, since I just finished putting everything away."

"Eh, that's relatable."

Amity gestured for Luz to follow her, and she led the brunette into her backyard.

Luz's mouth fell open.

The fog had certainly become stronger, as it was shielding everything beyond the area from her view. It coated the pink roses in a haze, one which felt ethereal. A lone bench stood off to the side.

"Holy Titan..." Luz gaped.

Amity smiled bashfully. "It's... a lot to take care of."

"It's awesome! It reminds me of The Good Witch Azura!" Luz said.

"That's kinda the vibe I was going for," Amity replied.

The both of them wound up sat beside each other on the bench. Ghost approached Luz, and received a scratch behind the ears.

"Luz?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I get you anything? This morning, I made some lemonade... rose petals included."

"Oh, sure! That sounds good."

Amity stood up and walked into the house, leaving Luz alone with Ghost. At first, she examined the sun catchers and wind chimes which Amity had hung in her garden, fascinated by their beauty. Looking down at Ghost brought her attention to a fallen pink rose, and she picked it up. She plucked and tossed the petals one by one, not considering the potential consequences. It was only when she reached the center that she realized she had picked apart one of Amity's flowers. The petals fell to the stone ground, as did her heart when she heard the door open.

"Hey, Luz, I'm back!" Amity approached the bench and sat beside her.

Luz grinned nervously as she was offered the drink. She took it and started drinking quickly. The sweetness of the drink was part of what fueled her, though it was mostly the the possibility of Amity discovering what she had done.

"Why are there petals all over the ground?" Amity asked, glancing down.

"Uh... well... I..." Luz stammered. She fumbled for an explanation.

Amity cut her off with a laugh, which calmed her immensely. Only then could Luz savor the taste of the lemonade.

Amity drank from her own glass calmly, closing her eyes. Her white sweater was what brought Luz to realize that she should have dressed warmer. She folded her arms.

Amity looked over at her and asked, "Are you alright, Luz?"

"Yeah, sorry, just a little cold," Luz said.

"Oh, we can go inside, if you want! It's not exactly warm out here, and the drink probably didn't help," Amity replied.

"Yes, please."

Once they had arrived at the fireplace inside, Amity offered Luz a rose-patterned quilt. Luz took it and draped it over her head and shoulders. As they sat in silence, Luz examined the photos on the wall and the mantle. Most of them were photos of Ghost, but there were a few exceptions. Luz spotted a photo of two green-haired teenagers standing beside a shorter one. She would have asked who they were, but socialization did not seem appealing to her at that moment. She sat in comfortable silence.

Ghost approached the fireplace and stared into it. Luz offered the cat a hand, which she rested her head on. Luz smiled warmly at her, grateful to be spending time with her and Amity.

‧ ₊ ˚ ❀ ༉ ‧ ₊ ˚ .

WEEPING WILLOW

WRITTEN BY QFFECTIONATE

INSTAGRAM: @rosyblight

PINTEREST: @honeysickness

PICSART: @deathofjules

˚ ˚ .

it's 12:22am and i'm waiting for a text back someone please help me i'm dying to death

update: i never got it ❤️❤️