IV

Ghost stared into the flames of the fireplace, curled up on Luz's lap. Amity sat behind them, reading a book that Luz was not familiar with.

Then, Amity asked, "Would you wanna make some paintings together?"

"Oh, yeah, that sounds like fun!" Luz exclaimed, though not before remembering a small issue and gesturing to it. "Wait, but I'm the chosen one!"

Amity looked down and laughed, "Oh, Ghost will be fine if you stand up. She's a bit spoiled, if you ask me."

To the cat's dismay, Luz reluctantly picked her up and set her down on the floor. She then stood up and followed Amity into another room, which contained all sorts of trinkets and art projects. She was impressed to discover that Amity made all of her wind chimes by hand, though she was not surprised. There were also numerous canvases adorning the walls and desks, depicting finished and unfinished landscapes alike.

"Woah, you do like painting!" Luz gasped in awe.

"Yeah, and you?" Amity asked.

"Eh, I've done it before, but I prefer drawing," Luz said.

Luz sat down at a desk and Amity brought some supplies for them both. Luz felt embarrassed to not be helping, but she knew she would not be able to navigate this room. It was organized in a way that Luz could not comprehend.

"What if we each paint something and then trade our finished works?" Amity suggested.

"Sounds like fun! I'll have an original piece from Amity Blight!" Luz made a gesture with her hands which represented sparkles.

"And I'll have an original piece from Luz Noceda," Amity replied.

They began their paintings after a minute of thinking. Luz had decided on drawing Amity's garden, as she found it not only beautiful, but also inspiring.

She found the silence awkward, so she decided to make conversation.

"Which Azura book is your favorite?" Luz asked.

"Definitely the fifth one," Amity said.

"I agree! Hecate and Azura literally have my entire heart."

They continued painting for a bit, until Amity asked, "What do you like to receive as a gift?"

"Hmm... Well, I do love anything comfy, and—ooh! I love sweets, too," Luz said.

"Oh, really? Like, cake and stuff?"

"Yeah, I'm really good at making cake."

Their conversation continued until they had finished, which took a while. It turned out that Amity was the shorter green-haired teenager in the photo, and that the other two were her siblings. Luz told her about her pet mice, Echo and Akko, who were at home waiting for her. The last thing she learned was that Amity had an amazing memory, as shown by her painting of Luz's home.

"Woah, that's awesome!" Luz exclaimed. She noticed that her hand was shaking slightly out of excitement; she forced it to stop.

"Thanks, Luz!" Amity grinned.

"Here's mine," Luz said, handing her the painting, "It's less detailed, since I don't do a lot of painting. Maybe I should, though."

"This is amazing! I didn't know you liked my garden so much," Amity said, her cheeks tinted a pink hue.

"I love it. And I love this painting, too! I'll make sure to hang it up on my wall."

"I'll do the same with yours."

After a moment of silence, Luz said, "I think it's best I go home now. Echo has probably devoured that food like crazy."

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to make you walk home while it's dark," Amity agreed.

As Amity led her upstairs, Luz wondered if she had overstayed her welcome. She hoped not.

"See you soon, Luz!" Amity waved at her as she walked away.

Luz waved back at her, grinning. She walked back to her home under the peach-colored sky, reflecting on what she almost wished were a date.

‧ ₊ ˚ ❀ ༉ ‧ ₊ ˚ .

WEEPING WILLOW

WRITTEN BY QFFECTIONATE

INSTAGRAM: @rosyblight

PINTEREST: @honeysickness

PICSART: @deathofjules

‧ ₊ ˚ ❀ ༉ ‧ ₊ ˚ .

i would like to formally apologize for not updating in a month and a half, and then posting the shortest chapter of all time.. sorry guys 😭😭

also, if anyone was relating to luz in the original version, well... just know i wrote that before i got diagnosed with autism

ok bye guys!! 😘😘