Chapter 12: Unfamiliarity

Choi San.

Tuesday- September the 24th

While speed walking out of the library and to his car, his phone rang again. San rolled his eyes but picked up anyways.

"Dad what now?" He sneered.

"Don't you dare speak to me in that tone of voice, San. Where the fuck are you now? We're leaving in half an hour, so you better be on time."

"I'm on my way alright! You called only 10 minutes ago and I can't just spawn right in front of you whenever you ask, no demand me to come to you. It takes fucking time!"

"Where's your respect, huh?! I am your father and you're compelled to obey me, so hurry the fuck up and get here, we can't be late for this."

His father hung up once more and San felt the urge to crush his phone with his hands. He was so sick and tired of his father, especially now. Nevertheless, he still hurried to his sports car and speeded his way to his father's mansion. He knew the consequences of disobeying all too well and did not want to face them.

While on the road, he wasn't able to concentrate on the traffic, there was just too much going on inside his brain. His grip on the steering wheel was tight, so tight his hands were red and blue veins were popping. He was stressed and frustrated by the sudden call his father gave him while he was in the library.

'Why in hell now?!'

His iron grip loosened a bit, because then a certain boy came to the front. Shit, what was he supposed to do with Wooyoung? He wouldn't make it back in time for their duet. Normally he wouldn't give a shit about something like that, but for some reason, a reason that scared him, he did care. He cared an awful lot. Ever since he laid his eyes on that long haired, obnoxious boy, his world began to turn upside down. San always liked to see himself as tough, stoic and maybe even mean, that was what he was taught to be ever since he was born basically. If he truly was that way, he wasn't fully convinced, but it was the best way to be, according to his father.

Wooyoung however, made his shell crack. With every interacting he had with him, he felt the crack split more, and more, and more. Little by little his facade got damaged. It frightened him, it frightened him ever since that first moment of eye contact at The Horizon. San was bad at acting on fright, he didn't know that emotion, he wasn't allowed to feel that emotion, so he did what he always did when handling foreign feelings, turning it into hatred, unnecessary hatred. He always felt bad after insulting Wooyoung and treating him like he was the dirt under his shoe, especially when he was the complete opposite. Although he didn't show it from the outside, he felt weirdly at ease when he was with him, like he got pulled out of his toxic world full of business, money and power and into relaxation.

His mind trailed back to the library. Never in his whole life had he experienced such a feeling before. It was just a hug, but it provided a comfort San had never received, from nobody. His parents never cared about treating their child with love, San wouldn't be surprised if after his mom gave birth to him, she didn't even hold him, just getting him to the crib and getting on with making more money. Mingi was never a hugger and his other 'friends' at home tried sometimes, but San always turned them down. He was already too fucked up at that point, affection was a sign of weakness he wasn't permitted to show.

The fact that Wooyoung, a boy he had only met two weeks ago, could see right through him and had not given him a choice, but had just pulled him in, had shook his insides up. In that moment he had forgotten about everything he knew, only Wooyoung's small frame, his enchanting vanilla scent and his soothing hands had been on his mind.