Chapter 84

Ignore this too if you read it already lol, Wattpad being a opp rn 😭🤚🏽

Lauren's POV:

Waking up to the softest of lips, planting sweet kisses aimlessly down my bare back, my eyes fluttered open as I woke. A simple sheet covered us both, since the comforter was most likely hanging off the edge of the bed somewhere, or on the floor. My fiance's bare body was hugged up against mine, with my back to her front, just as I stirred with a small stretch.

She'd always been the first to wake, even when we were together in high school. Though now, I'll sometimes get up before her just to force her to relax .

Even after my recovery was done, and I was completely fine to get back to normal living, Sade would sometimes still treat me as if I was still injured.

She'd get up earlier to cook breakfast or do a house task before I woke, and would still offer to do my hair or assist me with whatever, though I was perfectly capable of doing it myself. And I'd honestly fallen even more in love with her for it, because the way that woman loves me and shows it consistently, genuinely amazes me.

Not once did she blame me or resent me for being hurt, or for everything with Micah. Not once did she switch up on me during those six months that I was injured, or even show that she was tired or aggravated from taking care of me. If anything, she more than took care of me, and it was every day that she did so.

There were nights she'd stay up with me because I couldn't sleep, due to there being such aching pains at the beginning. And even when I did sleep, I'd wake up to find her warily watching me as her hand stroked my hair. She wouldn't leave me alone for even a second, though I'd always tell her I was fine. Even when I was frustrated with myself and my situation, and it'd sometimes get taken out on her by accident, she'd still be so patient with me.

She never invalidated how I felt, or made me feel worse about it. As always, she was just so understanding, and caring, and nurturing. Sometimes it left me questioning if she was truly human, or made in a lab.

Never in a million years did I think I could love her more than I did. But after that, she couldn't get rid of me even if she wanted to.

"Honeybee," her extremely sexy morning voice called softly to me before I felt warmth near my ear. "Hoooneybeeeeee-" I giggled softly and scrunched my shoulder to my ear once feeling tingles underneath my skin. "Wake uuuuppp-"

"Whyyy, it's Saturday," I mumbled just before turning to lay on my back. "Saturdays are for late mornings and breakfast in bed."

Sade slid a soft hand underneath the sheet and up my naked body to draw patterns on the skin of my chest as her eyes roamed my features.

"You say that about every day though," she cracked a smile and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Not the point," I chuckled. "And I don't remember us having any plans for today, especially not this early babe." My brows knit as I lifted a hand to trace her brow with my thumb. "Unless it's something I'm forgetting..."

Shaking her head, she slightly drew her head back to kiss my fingertips before taking my hand to hold. "No, you're not..." A long pause followed those words for I was expecting a follow up that never came.

Instead she had the most profound look in her eyes as they wandered my face, as if she'd never seen it before, much less everyday. And when they finally met my gaze as the softest of smiles curved onto her lips, she whispered,

"You're so beautiful..." And of course, I blushed, hard. And she giggled. "I love you."

Then came the look again, and I felt every word she didn't technically speak. So much so that tears panged my eyes, and my hand instantly went to cover them.