VIII

Today was... a day. A very weird and confusing day.
Nessa started her morning by cleaning her room, organizing everything and tossing out any blades she had found in her things.
And then it was time for a shower.
Her cuts hadn't healed up yet.
It still stung when the hot water trickled down her thigh but it was getting better.
After the long relaxing shower she decided it was time to get out and put something cute on as it was Charli's birthday.

Nessabarrett- ready for a special girls birthday ❤️ @charlidamelio

Charlidamelio- 16 here I come!!!

Avanigregg- pretty❤️

Addisonrae- 🤤🤤

Sabrinaquesada- wowowowowow lady😍

Nessa fixed the shorts so they covered her cuts and ran down the stairs to greet the birthday girl.
   "Happy birthday char char." Nessa smiled, holding out a gift bag to the younger girl.
    Charli hugged the older girl tightly before accepting the gift.
   Inside the bag was a pandora bracelet. The one Charli had been wanting.
   "Nessa you did not. Whyyy!!" Charli pouted, going in for yet another hug.
   "Hey did you see Avani commented on your pic? That's so weird of her. She's been ghost for like forever. I haven't even seen her at school." Charli said as Nessa helped her secure the bracelet onto her wrist.   
   "Yeah I mean I guess she's going out with that girl she was kissing. Iris is her name I think." Nessa said and Charli looked down at her as she was arguably taller than the older girl.   
    "I invited her to the party tonight. I can tell her it's cancelled if you want." Charli quickly said, not wanting Nessa to get angry with her.
   "I don't care. I mean we kissed once. No big deal. She walked away from me not the other way around." Nessa responded calmly.
    Soon it was time to start decorating for Charli's party.
   She was very particular about where everything was going so Nessa just handed her the items while they ranted on and on about random things.
    And then it was sundown which meant it was time for the party to begin.
    There were red solo cups placed at every single table  and bottles of different types of alcohol and soda laid out on tables in bows of ice.
    And on the other table there was pizza and wings and so much more different types of foods.
    And the next table there was a huge cake for Charli and surrounding it was cupcakes and cookies and candy.
    It was more than Nessa ever seen for a birthday party.
   On the last table was gifts.
   It was overfilled.
   There were boxes and gift bags on the table and surrounding it in the ground.
    Charli truly was a very lucky girl.
Nessa went over to the drink table and decided to only drink wine.
   She sat in the gaming room drinking while people took turns playing pool and air hockey and then she saw a familiar face.
    The face of someone who used to be Nessa's best friend, her favorite person in the world, her safe place.
    It was Avani.
  She sat on the couch in the other side of the game room.
    They locked eyes and finally Nessa looked away, avoiding eye contact because she knew she wasn't out of love for Avani.
    She so badly wanted everything to be okay between them.
   It's the truth.
   But when Avani got up and began walking toward Nessa her heart couldn't help but to pound out of her chest painfully.
   "Hey Nessi." Avani said quietly while sitting g right beside her.
    "Hey Vani."
"Didn't think you'd party after that night."
   "Yeah well I can't get shitfaced. I have finals." Nessa coldly responded.
    "I miss us. What happened? We were inseparable." Avani attempted to place her hand on Nessa upper thigh but she jumped making Avani pull her hand away.
   "What? Do you not want to be touched?" Avani asked while scooting away.
      "N-no it's okay. I just um. Got hurt a bit moving things around in my bedroom." Nessa hated lying to Avani but it's not like they're close anymore.   
   They hardly know eachother now.
"You did it didn't you? Don't lie to me either."
      "Why do you care? If you cared you wouldn't have deleted yourself out of my life. You could've been there but you weren't. We were always supposed to be here for eachother no matter what."
   What Nessa said really struck Avani in the heart.
  She felt the sharp pain shoot from her chest to her throat.
     "Nessa. I didn't delete myself from your life okay? I'm sorry I kissed you that night. And I'm sorry I felt weird about it. I needed time."
    "Three months?" Nessa set her drink down and looked at Avani very seriously.
   "Yes actually. You never called me so I didn't think you'd want to talk to me after what happened."
     "But you're the one who ghosted me when I needed you the most." Nessa said loudly making everyone snap their heads towards them.
    "I didn't ghost you god damn it Janesa. You're being such a-"
   "Say it. Say it avani because nothing could hurt me more than you did when you walked out of my life. Call me a bitch call me whatever!" Nessa said, her throat swelling up with choked back sobs.
    "I was gonna say you're such a stubborn ass but whatever Janesa. See you around. Happy anniversary I guess." Avani got up and left, everyone carrying on with the partying they were doing a few minutes ago.
    Nessa went up to her room with a bottle of wine and she just sat in her bed watching a movie until someone knocked on her door.
    And then she found herself being pressed up against the wall by Avani.
    Avani's lips went from Nessa's lips down to her neck, her hands remaining on Nessa's hips.
   "A-Avani." Nessa whimpered out.
    "Hm? Yeah ness?"
"I'm scared.." she whispered, peering into Avani's eyes, afraid she'd get mad Nessa turned her head, avoiding eye contact.
     "Hey it's okay. We can just watch a movie instead. Cmon." Avani grabbed Nessa by her hand and took her to the bed.   
      The older brunette pulled the younger girl towards her chest and placed a kiss on her forehead.
    "I missed you a lot." Nessa said extremely quietly.
    "I missed you more ness."