XVII

"Avani?.." Nessa's small voice cracked as she stood in the doorway.
   "Ness I- I didn't think you'd be home so soon." Avani had a small look of worry in her eyes as she climbed off of the bed, opening her arms to the younger girl.
    "How was it? Do you want to talk about it?" Avani led the brunette to the bed and continued holding her.
   "I just can't believe he's... dead." She said, pausing in the middle of the sentence to take a shallow breath.
   "Stay here okay? I'm gonna go start you a bath. I'll come read to you or we can just talk." Avani rubbed her hand down Nessa's back and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.
Nessa only nodded as words were too hard to form at this point.
Nessa fidgeted with the hem of her shirt waiting for Avani to come back.
Her thoughts were too loud.
Nessa felt guilty for something she had no part in, but she knew deep down that she didn't have anything to do with her father's death.
"Ness, baby cmon. Your bath is ready." Avani walked in and guided Nessa to the bathroom by holding her hand.
    "Hey it's okay. Take your time getting in. I'll be right back." Avani quietly encouraged, kissing Nessa's cheek.
    Avani ran downstairs and grabbed some wine, hoping a small drink would help Nessa open up and talk.
      When Avani came back upstairs Nessa was in the bath, she had her knees pulled up to her chest  as she sat there, zoning out.
      "Can you get in with me Vani..." she asked, not taking her eyes off of the ceiling.
    "Of course. Do you want some wine? I'm sure Mrs. D won't even notice that it's gone." Avani asked while stroking the smaller girls hair, cupping her face, making Nessa look at Avani.
     "No.. I'm alright." She replied, still not showing any expression on her face other than emptiness.
     Avani got undressed and climbed into the tub with Nessa, allowing her to lie on her chest and just silently think about the things that had happened today.
    "I love you okay? You aren't going through this alone, I'm here." Avani reassured her while stroking her hair.
    "I know Vani." She responded coldly.
Not even a few hours later Nessa started to open up, though she was still in shock.
    She laid on Avani's chest while Avani pulled the fuzzy blanket over the two of them.
   "How are you feeling ness? Are you ready to eat something?" Avani asked, her voice sounding more sincere than ever.
     "I'm just tired Vani. Will you stay over tonight? I want to get some sleep."
   "Yeah... of course ness. I'll stay as long as you want or need me to. I'm here okay? Get some rest doll." Avani couldn't help but to feel the pain and sorrow Nessa's mood was emitting. 
     Avani wanted to cry, not only because Nessa wasn't being herself, but because she knows that it will take forever to fix her up.
   But Avani was willing to be that person that helps Nessa become her better self again.
     "Goodnight. Please don't leave." Nessa said, clenching Avani's tshirt in her hand as tightly as possible.
   "Goodnight ness. I'm going to be right here when you wake up. I promise."