First Day Of Sophmore Year

No One's POV

Kacey, the younger brother of Katelyn walked up the stairs towards the school, then pauses

Kacey: Alright! This is it, Kacey! First day of high school! I can do this. I can do this!

Kacey paused for a second before turning back around

Kacey: I can't do this! Oh, there's so many people here! Everyone is going to think I'm a loser! Why do I have to grow up?! Maybe... it's not too late to run away.

Just then Aphmau walked over to him

Aphmau: Hehe! I'm assuming you're a freshman.

Kacey: Oh no, someone's talking to me! And they can tell right away I'm a freshman! I really am a loser! 

He said to himself before looking at Aphmau

Kacey: Why, yes, I'm a— Huh Aphmau?!

Aphmau: I thought I recognized you!

Kacey: A-A-Aphmau?! Y-You're here!

He said with a small smile on his face

Aphmau: Wow! Look at you in that uniform! You look so grown up! Katelyn must be proud! Is she around?

Kacey: N-No. She came to school earlier.

Aphmau: Hmm, she must be setting up club stuff then. It's such a shame, though. You'd think she'd want to see her little brother on his first day of high school.

Kacey: That would have been great. At least then I'd know someone here.

Aphmau: Haha! Well, you do know me.

Kacey: Huh?

Aphmau: I can show you around if you want.

Kacey: N-No! A cool sophomore like you shouldn't be seen with a lame freshman like me!

Aphmau: Hey, now. Where are you getting that talk from? Come on, we're friends. I would never not want to be around you!

Kacey: Really?!

Aphmau: Really. Now, how about I show you around?

Kacey: I couldn't ask that of you. I don't want to waste your time.

Aphmau: Not at all. It's actually a part of my job to help you. Haha! I'm a mentor, see? 

She holds out her arm, where she has the mentor armband.

Kacey: What does that mean?

Aphmau: It means that I'm here to help! So come on, let's go inside!

Kacey: B-But—

Aphmau: The only butts here are the ones that are moving, namely yours. Now come on! Besides, I thought it would be nice to walk around with you.

Kacey: She wants to walk with... me? (Thoughts)