02 | detention

╭┈─────── *:・゚✧*:・゚

╰┈➤ ❝ [DETENTION (chapter 2)] ❞

୧ *·˚ 𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑳 𝑳𝑰𝑭𝑬 ˚·* ୨┆ꜜ

the walk to detention after school was most probably the most awkward 5 minutes of his life, chris thinks. the air was thick with tension and arabella averted chris' gaze like it was a plague while walking with her arms crossed. they both were dreading the next one hour, it was bad enough that they had to spend time together due to being in the same friend group.

their friend group was set in stone, everyone had been friends since childhood. whenever chris and arabella had a fight, lars was there with a funny joke, vienna was there for moral support, luna would be ready to yell at them for acting like children. 

but somehow, they both always got stuck together. god! it was like the universe hated them both. 

the second they entered the music room, where detention would be held, both of them beelined for seats across the room. the teacher in the room frowned at this and was well aware of their mutual hatred for each other. 

"well! you lot got detention for the entire week? can't say i'm surprised," she exclaims, whilst rummaging the cupboards of the room for something or the other. 

the two aren't amused, rather they just stare at some corner of the room, trying to get through the hour without any major injuries. arabella rolls her eyes as she already knows how detention works, they both will just get some shitty essay to write and then be on their way in no time. 

"i decided that today instead of writing some essay, you both will have to clean all the music instruments," the teacher says, already packing up her bag. collective sighs are heard in the room, but she stays unbothered. chris is clearly annoyed by this, as he too thought they would just have to write an essay.

"good luck then!", she exclaims as the doors to the room close and she makes her exit (or escape). 

the music room has high ceilings and posters plastered over every inch of the room. the tall windows allow sunlight to filter through them, casting a soft glow upon the room.