Worth it - Hollywood Undead

( Author notes: Hi everyone! This is my first time writing a fic like this, I just thought It would be a fun writing challenge to base a fic off of songs! Feel free to leave song requests in the comments <3
Hope you enjoy!)

-

Carmen holds Player close to her, the boy was unconscious.

It had been about four days since they had gotten him back from VILE,

After Carmen broke free from her mind altering, VILE had gone after her team, her family.

Player, the youngest one of the group had never stood much of a chance,

He hasn't woken up since they got him back from the hospital. He had horrible injuries.

Carmen shuddered as she thought about what Player could've gone through,

She sighed. It was 1AM, she needed to go to bed, but, she couldn't leave Player. Not again,

She slowly laid him down, lightly laying a blanket over him.

She laid down on a couch beside him, promptly passing out.

Player woke up a few hours later, instantly sitting up. He was confused when he realised he didn't have chains on him.

He cautiously looked around, his eyes growing wide as they landed on a familiar redhead.

Had Carmen saved him? He felt a flicker of hope, but she looked so exhausted..

Player shook the fog out of his head, of course she looked tired,

Carmen was perfect, she was so kind, and cool! And he was just a burden..

He pulled his legs up, hugging himself.

"Worthless"

The world the faculty had constantly called him by just echoing around in his head, he felt doubt set in.

Was this really real? Or was this another cruel hallucination, just proving how much he missed Carmen?

He gingerly walked over to her. Reaching out to touch her.

She instantly sat up. Player felt terrible, he didn't mean to wake her!

He braced for yelling, or a hit. But nothing came.

"..P-..Player..?", Carmen stumbled out in a shock.

Before Player could respond she instantly grabbed him in a hug, sobbing.

"I thought I lost you!" She said in between sobs.

Player was shocked, his mind was screaming at him.

This was the most affection he had felt in a month.

He felt his eyes start to well up, "S-Sorry"

His voice shook as he whispered the apology.

Carmen's reaction was immediate,

"Don't you dare apologise Player!! It's not your fault, I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner. Listen, whatever those bastards told you, it's not true! I care about you so much, I never stopped looking for you"

Carmen continued, rambling about how much he meant to her.

Player was shocked, was he not worthless..?
Did he really matter?

There were so many confusing, conflicting emotions inside his head.

Carmen pulled him closer, "You aren't worthless, you're apart of my team, my family", she whispered out.