percy jackson, son of the god of toilets?

what better way to start camp than with a classic demigod nightmare?

said no one ever.

it was storming on a beach. waves crashed and lightning flashed. two beautiful animals, a white horse and a golden eagle, were trying to kill each other at the edge of the surf. the eagle swooped down and slashed the horse's muzzle with its razor-sharp talons. the horse reared up and kicked its hooves at the eagles wings. whilst they fought, the ground rumbled and shook. a deep, monstrous voice chuckled from somewhere beneath the earth, goading the animals to fight harder. 

sasha tried to run towards them, to get them to stop killing each other, but she was moving in slow motion. the daughter of apollo knew she wouldn't make it in time. she saw the eagle nose-dive, its beak aimed for the horse's wide eyes. sasha screamed out, "no!". a golden flash of lightning crashed down, blinding her. 

she woke up with a start. 

glancing around, sasha could see all her siblings sleeping peacefully in the soft, golden glow of the cabin. she took deep breaths to slow her rapid heart rate, the dream having unsettled sasha to her core. most demigod nightmares had a hidden meaning, and this one was particularly unnerving. 

sasha decided to get some air, swinging her legs out of her bed and sliding into her old adidas superstars. sasha hoped that afterwards, she would be tired enough to get a couple more hours of sleep. with silent steps, she moved to the window nearest her bed. she cracked it open, perching on the ledge. 

outside camp's perimeters, the furious wind and hammering rain seemed eternal. sasja wouldn't be suprised if there was news of closed roads due to fallen trees and battered rooves in the morning. an eagle and a horse, she thought to herself. 

sasha was only wearing an oversized tshirt and little sleeping shorts, but that didn't really matter too much. the camp's borders kept a controlled climate inside camp, so the air remained warm with a subtle breeze. and anyways, being a child of apollo, she naturally felt warmer than most.

she slipped out onto the grass outside cabin 7. she closed the window behind her, leaving a slight gap to sneak back in after. sasha started to stroll around camp aimlessly. she played with her hair, tying the wavy brown lengths into a messy bun, mulling over her dream.

the eagle. the horse. the ground chuckling. the flash.

sasha hadn't really been registering her path, and found herself on the porch of the big house. she decided it might be best to tell chiron about her dream since she was there, so she made her way inside. moving through the different rooms, sasha was beginning to think the old centaur had gone to sleep. then she heard murmuring of a conversation. following the sound, she found herself in the infirmary. 

walking inside, sasha found chiron and annabeth mid-conversation. her bestfriend's curly blonde hair was pulled into a loose ponytail, her own pajamas consisting of an XL camp tshirt and plaid trousers. she seemed to be desperately trying to get chiron to tell her about what was happening. the centaur was shaking his head, glancing nervously at the storm outside the window. 

sasha knocked gently on the door to make her presence known. the two paused their conversation, turning towards her. sasha smiled at her bestfriend, the two exchanging a short conversation with their eyes. 

this got anything to do with me?

no,no. it's fine, you can hear.

annabeth turned back to the centaur, flailing her arm out slightly.

"okay chiron, but you've never kept anything from me - or sasha. if you would just tell us a little bit, maybe we could help somehow-" she argued.