CHAPTER - 5

After he left, it was dead silent. Suddenly I felt my arms and legs shake and I felt a massive headache. I groaned as I fell to the floor. Suddenly I felt blood drip down my nose. Was this because I didn't take that fucking pill? Did I just place all of my trust in a murderer? Was Valentia right about him? A thousand thoughts spiralled through my head as tears swelled up in my eyes. I was about to start crying, just then I heard faint footsteps outside the door and a young man walked in, poking his head inside the room. He wore the same uniform as me, with the number '199' sewn on it. I wiped away my tears and spoke,

"What are you doing here?"

"I-I could hear you, I'm 199 or well you could call me Nate, I just got asked to take my pill, at least that was before something happened downstairs and he ran away. Are you alright..?" He asked as he took a few steps forward, towards me.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I simply lied,

"Have you taken your pill yet? That might explain why your nose is bleeding. I heard that if you go too long without taking the pill after the experiment, your health will slowly start deteriorating, eventually killing you."

I felt my heart drop. My eyes widened as my thoughts started filling up with fear, anger and frustration, all at once.

"Wh-what? What does the pill even do to you?" I asked,

"From what I heard, it's supposed to help keep whatever they inject inside you under control, if it gets out of control, then the experiment is going to slowly kill you."

"Wh-whom did you hear this from?" I asked, I didn't want to believe that I was lied to.

"Valentia, why? Did you not take it yet or something?" He asked, walking towards me.

I didn't know whether to lie or not, for some reason I still had a little trust left in Colby, maybe nothing will actually happen to me, I'll be fine, right?

"No-no, of course I took the pill." I lied,

Suddenly we heard footsteps slowly approaching us from outside the door. He turned his head.

"Shit, the scientists are coming back, I gotta go before they find out I was here." He said as he ran away.

The lady walked back in, she had a frustrated expression painted over her face.

"Did you take the pill?" She asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Y-yes."

"Alright, then get out of here." She said as she grabbed my arm and shoved me out the room.

A guard was there, who grabbed my arm and walked me down the corridor. I heard her arguing with another scientist, their voices were a bit muffled and I couldn't understand a few words they said.

"How did this happen!?" She shouted,

"I don't know but ... This is the ... time this has happened." The other scientist replied,

"Do we know who it is?"

"Come on, this is the ... time this happened and every single time it's happened, all evidence always pointed to Experiment ... "

"I'd not jump to conclusions but I bet Experiment ... can help us out, they'd always fed us the most information."

I slowly turned my head as she said that last sentence. Is there a traitor among the Experiments? The guard pushed my arm, signalling me to turn my head back around. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I felt a shiver crawl down my spine. The guard walked me to my room and shoved me in there once again and locked the door shut.