Chapter 15

I use to base my outfits on a lot of research before I travel somewhere unfamiliar.

Now I have people packing those luggages as well as choosing the outfits and essentials.

It was greatly appreciated then, and even now as I realized that every outfit I wear matches with Hassan's.

Now for the necklace he gifted me, it is like every other jewelry that I now own. Even down to a simple hair accessory.

An as a black girl with a love for braids and wigs, I loved them.

Something I've learned while being with Hassan as he works is that I'll have to socialize. I'll have to deal with the likes, dislikes, different and indifferent with the people I meet.

When he's on a call or sea deep in files, I have to communicate with the people around us. To indulge in interesting conversations.

Seeing a black woman with a very influential man, few ignores me thinking I might be an escort or even a golddigger.

I've learned not to let things bother me. Even when we both notice how they takes glimpses of my finger to see if there's a ring on there.

As they needed Hassan, not the other way around and he doesn't let their curious glances be a trail for gossips. He introduces me every time as his woman.

Few jokily ask for a marriage invites to further test the waters.

"How was your night?" He asked me on our way back to our hotel.

"Just like the other nights previous to this." I sigh, loosing the heels off my feet.

He pulls me closer and kisses my head. "I can't promise that it will get better, but I know it might be in the future."

"Mhmm hmm." I hummed.

So much fake smiles and laughter had became a nightmare. It's stressful.

"I was asked what I did for work." I revealed and he smiles down at me.

"What was your answer?"

"I'm an accountant, aren't I?" I grinned and he nods. "I didn't tell the lady that. I said I'm on my way to become a house wife."

He laughs out.

"Was it the lady in pink that asked you?" He would have to know as he didn't take his eyes off me the whole time.

"Yeah."

"It seems her husband tried to distract me with business talk so his wife could pry." He chuckled.

"What she needs is to stop adding Botox to her face and lips. I was that distracted by her face that I couldn't remember what my occupation was." I laughed raising my leg to rub my ankle.

"That's another reason I fell in love with you." He spoke. "You ease my mind from all the stress."

"There's something else I plan to ease soon." I teased and looks at him.

Not saying anything else, I held the heels in my hand as we reached the hotel.

Valet opened our door and Hassan got out first.

"You're not walking barefoot." Was all he said.

Now I'm in his large arms getting carried through the lobby and all the way to our room.

We have separate rooms and I'm okay with that.

Thanking him for carrying me, I went off to my room to have a nice warm shower.