♥𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘

Yandere mercenary x NB! Swan hybrid y/n

Warnings!
Non consensual touching, violent thoughts, kidnapping, hint of smut

(Authors note: the rhyme from the last few paragraphs was based off something I heard from a genshin npc.)

Words: 3096

Never ever trust a mercenary from the underground, their loyalty lies at the gold in your pouch and their words , an upholding promise and lie at the same time. One could only trust half of what they say, if not , none at all.

That's the saying that travels through the kingdom of Theola. Mercenaries only do works -dirty works to be exact- often frowned upon in the higher class of hierarchy of people. Nobilities don't usually mingle with people like Cassian, rough and calloused in the Kingdoms grime and soil, born of its vile mud and maneuvering through it in life.

Not that Cassian cares on what these mindless aristocrats thinks of him. He's used to the unjust system this tyrannical ruler had set for them. Who knows? Weave your way to the right pile of mire and you'll find a jackpot of gold.

That's why Cassian is here. In the Middle of the moonlit night , sneaking into the royal garden of kings palace. There's been a commission. A bountiful one infact, one that only comes in the rarest of times and only the luckiest of mercenary groups manage to nab a good steal could get it.

And Cassian had struck both silver and diamonds by how fortunate he was to get this deal. 6 million golden coins for what? Break into the kings palace and steal a small -almost unnoticeable- flimsy piece of paper kept at the least guarded area of the castle. And the way in? A accessible open garden right outside a balcony for it. Even a child could enter unnoticed.

As he heaved himself over the ivy brick walls and official thumped down upon the soft grass. The wind blew itself across the canopy of evergreen trees, all trimmed up to pointy shapes as he crouched along the shrubbery of square bushes.

There are no guards allowed in the garden, there is existentially no one allowed within the royal garden except for the king -which mind you, was probably deep asleep in his chambers seeing that it's in the dead of the night. So why was Cassian being cautious?

Well because there is one person in the garden.

You.

Everyone knows you, the kings royal swan. His pride and joy ever since the queen passed after giving birth to a babe. You were brought from another kingdom to another to this one. Hybrids are rare in the human realm, and a swan hybrid might just be rarer. Cassian ought to reckon you would catch a few pretty coins in the market ,but he would rather keep you than sell you off.

Not that that's his priority today, slowly by slowly dashing forward between each stride he took as he hid himself into the shadows. It's cold tonight. Very cold. He wonders if he'll catch a glimpse of you -even if you do see him, there's not much you can do anyway. You're pretty much a defenseless, decorative item to be admired upon. Not a weapon. No, far from it.

He sighed, tugging the black mask over his nose a little higher before continuing his mission. The paper, right, the paper. You can wait, it's not like you're going anywhere after all.

Go pass the gazebo, left of the frangipani trees and you'll see the entrance (a glass stained window to be precise) into the palace. Go in, turn left into the guest room, and you'll find the paper somewhere on the desk. Cassian repeated to himself. Easy? Easy! Go pass the gazebo....left...right.. something..turn and then..

Boom, letter in hand. Easy. All done in an hours time. He mindlessly flipped the thin mulberry paper in hand. Some words Cassian pays no care to as he turned to exit the room. Now to leave. This is his favorite part, he can take as long as he wants for this.