Chapter 4 - peach wine

A few days later ❤︎︎
I sit in my bed, reading A Little life by Hanya Yangihara (well I was).The book was face down on a page, whilst I was ugly crying. My face was crimson red, tears rushing down my face, tissues all over my room I was a complete mess. And my outfit was not making it any better, my tear stained hoodie and PJ pants that were cut into shorts from middle school made me look homeless my hair in a claw clip which was sliding to one side.

 And my outfit was not making it any better, my tear stained hoodie and PJ pants that were cut into shorts from middle school made me look homeless my hair in a claw clip which was sliding to one side

I hear and knocking at my door. "Girl you good?" Josie queried opening the door, concern written all over her face.
"Sniff yeah. This book really got to me!" I manage to get out between sniffles and sobs.
"Ok well you got 2 visitors at the door. And if I wasn't lesbian I would 100% smash them" Josie casually admits before leaving. Wait are they men? I get out of bed fixing my claw clip in the process before getting up and walking down the stairs seeing Atlas. Wait ATLAS? My eyes double in size as I rush down stumbling when I reach the last step. I look at the blonde then at the guy standing next to him. Oh my GOSH he is one good looking man! I stand up straight clearing my throat.
"Hey uh..Atlas and uh.." I trail off.
"Myles. Myles Sanchez." He finishes off my sentence his voice deep and stern. "We're here to drop his measurements and to tell you other things he may need." I nod leading them to the kitchen, as Josie occupied the living room. "Would you like any drinks? I got a water, mango juice, apple juice, orange juice, lemonade, Vodka cranberry, whisky, beer,coke. What every you fancy really!" I open the fridge listing the drinks before turning back to them.
"I'll get whiskey please." Myles requests, "and I guess you want some lemonade with a splash of vodka in Mr.Mitchell?" Atlas nods looking down at the table fidgeting with his Fingers. I give them the drinks they've requested,as I move around to grab myself some peach wine. Myles starts to talk, "I believe Delilah forgot to mention. There will be 2 other people living with you. Sofia Saltillo and Dakoa Tanaka." I turn to them, a wave of shock going over me. 2 MORE PEOPLE?? "I know this may be shocking Miss Moore, but Mrs Delilah included them last minute. Miss Saltillo is Italian and greek but lives in Canada, she will be arrive next week. Mr Tanaka is Japanese and east Polynesian but was born in Japan. He immigrated to LA at age 12. He will be arrive on the this Sunday." I look at him blankly trying to soak in all the recent events. I nod sipping my wine  taking a deep breath. "Here's are his measurements, and my card just in case you need any details." He passes me a folder full of said things. I thank him and stand up leading them to the door and they follow. "Thank you for telling me! Have a good evening!" I slightly Bow but Atlas already was out the door, I stand straight looking down having a small sense of solemn. Before I could do anything else Myles goes to my side hugging me by the side. "Hey sorry about. He's been in a sour like mood lately, I know you and his history together but I doubt it's that." Myles says as a way of reassurance before letting go. I smile waving him a quick goodbye before closing the door before him. I let out a sigh of relief as I turn to enter the living room. I sit next to Josie groaning,flopping into her lazily. "Ya know the walls are really thin.." Josie attempts to ease the fact she heard my whole convo.
"I know u heard. At least me and Atlas won't be alone because that would've been so fucking awkward. And hey, another girl would be nice" I say, pouring how I feel.
"Yeah. It's gonna be nice until she snatched you man, and rubs it in ur face!!" Josie states frowning as if I disrespected her whole blood line. "Or she acts as ur friend, frames you, turns everyone u live with against you,Delilah finds out and FIRES YOU THE-"
"Josie ur overreacting !!" I cut her off, "Ok the first part might me true, but the second part is a bit over cautious!! I was a loner most my life, my only friends being you and Atlas and his friends but they all left after me and Atlas broke up,So it was just you! This could be an opportunity to make friends with other people!!" I look up at her. Although I am older, she still is quite tall. Josie sighs rolling off the couch and onto the floor before getting up, striding to the kitchen and coming back with peach wine and snacks before putting on gossip girl as background noise as she sits on the couch. "What's all this for?" I queried.
"Tonight is the last full night you'll be with me! So let's drink ur fav wine and snacks and talk shit about all the people from Highschool!" Josie replied, smirking deviously. I grin right back at her and that's what we did. We talked, ate, laughed, argued over dumb shit. Just like we were in middle school.

—————————★——————————

The next day

I wake up to the smell of a Vanilla and hazelnut fragrance filling the air around me. I open my eyes the rays of sun beaming agains my skin. I open my eyes at see a woman. She had beautiful blonde hair and grey eyes.
"Oh good your awake! Hi I'm Sofia your new roomate!" The supposed Sofie says. I sit up still in the couch but with a blanket over me. I looks at her, taking off my contacts and putting on my glasses. My vision clears and see her beautiful face. "Oh, hi! May I ask, how did u know where I live?" I query.
"Oh, Delilah gave me ur details so I can take u to our new home! We can get some food on the way!" She explains. Of course it was Delilah. I stand up my legs still weak, taking a big stretch. "Ok, my stuffs upstairs let me get that and change. I'll shower at the house." I yawn, walking to my room and writing a note to Josie:
Hi Josie! I moved into my new place, I'll tell u the address when I'm all moved in! Bye love you lots!
Xoxo, Darcy
I tape it on her door, going into my own changing into a comfy and minimalistic outfits.

 I grab my pink duffel bag and my phone before going back down to meet Sofia

I grab my pink duffel bag and my phone before going back down to meet Sofia. She give me a sweet smile and we leave the house. I pause , before entering her car,I turn to face the place I one called home.see ya in 6 months! I turn back to the car and head in putting on my seatbelt and my duffle by my feet. I let out a sigh, and look out the window slightly dozing off.