trouble ( pt. 2 )

Nova's point of view

I was sitting backstage with Hazel, Ryder, Riley and Andrew when I seen a guy who I never seen before approaching us then seen him grabbing Riley by her hair and pull her away from the rest of us while she struggled to get away from him but it wasn't enough.

Ryder: Axel, let her go!

Axel: she's coming home with me where she belongs.

Hazel: Riley!

He let go of her hair and she started heading back our direction and I watched as Andrew took her in his arms but they didn't move quick enough and I watched as Axel stepped on her ankle as hard as he could and I heard her screaming in pain while he stood over her laughing.

Axel: serves you right Riley, I hope every time you feel the pain throbbing along with seeing the cast on your leg that you think of me.

Ryder: get the hell out of here Axel!

I kneeled down beside her and seen the tears flowing down her face while she had her face against Andrew's chest and holding her leg.

Nova: her ankle is swollen and turning purple, she needs to be taken to the hospital.

Riley: it hurts so bad baby.

Andrew: you four carry on with the show tonight and I will take her to the emergency room.

Ryder: Hazel, do you feel like singing tonight while you play your guitar?

Hazel: yeah I can do that, keep us updated about her Andrew.

Andrew: I will.

I watched as he gently picked her up and carried her to his truck and drove away from here, Ryder informed Marc about what happened with Riley and he agreed to let Hazel take her place until she recovered from her injury.

After the show was over I seen Ryder's mom and dad standing backstage watching us perform which they immediately became concerned about Riley and Ryder explained that she was at the hospital after telling them what happened to her.

Alec: we should go and check on her, I know that you three will probably meet us there son so be careful.

Ryder: we will meet you there dad.

After we got to the emergency room, we were told that we had to wait until tomorrow because of the visiting hours but Hazel and I agreed to wait in the waiting room while Ryder and his parents went to see her.

Nova: I hope this doesn't keep her down long.

Hazel: me too, I just hope the fans don't give up like they did before.

Nova: I know that her fans will be supportive.

After Ryder and their parents come back out, we left the hospital and drove to his family home so we could eat and get some sleep but I couldn't sleep because I worried about Riley most of the night. I walked out to the backyard and sat down on the swing that was underneath the gazebo when I seen Ryder walk through the sliding door that led to the backyard as he walked over to where I was sitting at.

Ryder: what are you doing out here baby? you should be inside resting.

Nova: I'm worried about Riley.

Ryder: I know you are baby but she wouldn't want you losing sleep.

Nova: how was she doing when you were with her?

Ryder: she was still in some pain but one of the nurses gave her something for it, Andrew was telling us that she would be down for at least two months or longer. Her ankle bone is completely shattered so she will need surgery done to it along with some physical therapy, they want to surgically screw the bones back together so...

Nova: Hazel isn't going to like hearing that...

Ryder: what do you mean by that baby?

Nova: she's worried that the fans will act like they were before when Riley stopped performing with us.

Ryder: we will give Riley at least four months and see how things go, if they fans care about Riley then they will understand why she isn't performing with us.

I laid my head on his shoulder and felt him place his arm around me and kissed me on the top of my head.