Nightmares

He dug his nails deep into the arms that were holding him back, tears streaming down his face as he screamed "LET ME GO LET ME GO, PLEASE PL-EASE LET M- LET ME GO". He thrashed back and forth, he needed to get out of the grasp of this person, his mom was out there, he just needed to get to her and save her. She was ok. She was going to be ok.

"She's gone man, I'm sorry," the voice cut into the air as Johnnies throat seemed to not let him yell out anymore and he choked on his words. "Pl-ease, she-she's fine... we just need to-need to get, uh, get her.." he let himself slide down to the ground as the arms let him go when he started to calm down. He sat on the hard tile floor, eyes fixated on the door bolted shut. My mom... why won't they let me go get her, I'll be fine, she'll get bit if they don't let me get her and show her to come in here...

The person who held him back sat down on the tile alongside him, but Johnnie refused to take his eyes off the door he was sure him mom could burst through at any moment, she was fine.

"Johnnie," Jake. "Johnnie please, I'm sorry, she's gone, we can't save her, I'm sorry." The words didn't hit Johnnie right in the moment, he knew they were a lie, they were trying to trick him, she's fine. She's fine.

He tried to say "no, she's ok, you're lying" but the words didn't come out when he said it, instead he sat there, mouth open as if he paused mid sentence, tears still streaming down his face as he refused to make eye contact. She's fine...

He felt a shake as he started to open his eyes, "Johnnie, Johnnie, are you ok?" He slowly slid into consciousness, realizing the event had just been another one of those reoccurring dreams of the past events in the apocalypse. "Dude, answer me, are you ok?" He realized the sobbing in the dream had passed to real life too and he felt a salty tear roll down his cheek.

"My mom, the beginning, it-" he tried to explain to the man sitting next to him, as he too pushed himself up a bit onto his elbows.

"It's ok Johnnie," Jake gently pulled his best friend into a hug which took Johnnie by surprise a bit, they weren't really the loving type of best friends, more like tough love. It was new, but it felt good, he felt relived, relaxing a bit.

He, after a second, also wrapped his arms around Jake. He held him tightly and buried his head into the crook of his neck, letting everything out. Jake rubbed his hand up and down the others back and slid his other hand into the smallers hair. "It's ok," he repeated into his hair.

They stayed in this same position for quite a bit, with Jakes head resting on top of Johnnies. Eventually the taller could tell the man in his hands was started to drift back off, it still being extremely early in the morning and the sun not even being up yet.

Johnnie became more limp in Jakes arms and Jake slid down into a more of a laying position so he could sleep too, knowing he wasn't going to let his best friend go any time soon. In a weird way he wanted to protect the other from everything hurting him, even thought it was cringy.

He ran his fingers through the others hair as he lay on top of Jake. He looks so peaceful and calm, and gorgeous. Wow... that was a pretty gay thought... but it's fine, best friends can think each other are attractive without being attracted to each other.

(Me and my ex before we started dating) anywayyyyy...

Johnnie woke up to his pillow shifting under him. What the fuck. He slowly squinted his eyes open to see it wasn't exactly a pillow. Ah shit. He needed to get up without the other noticing, but he really didn't want to move, he felt very comfortable and safe in this position. After a moment he decided he needed to get up and attempted to pull himself out of the others grasp without waking him up.

"Mmmmh, no," his "pillow" groaned as he pulled Johnnie back down on top of him.

Flustered, Johnnie replied "Jake, I gotta get up,"

"5 minutes, I wanna stay like this for a bit," Johnnie could feel his face heat up at those words as he (gladly) relaxed himself back into the same position as before, sliding into the others arms as he continued to play with his hair.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Idk what else to write sooo were ending it here chat

Idk how to start books/stories which is why I never finish them 😣 hopefully this ain't toooo bad thoooo

I hate when fanfic writers don't update for like weeks so I'll try to update this every few days atleast (I write short chapters anyway)