Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“You never really love someone until you learn to forgive...”

I learned to forgive myself for the things that I thought were unforgivable, few months passed by. The scars stays in me, it's still there looking like an open wound. No one knew about what happened, it's just me and Ethan.

Sa pagkalipas ng apat na buwan, he started to court me simula noong araw na 'yon. Nanonood ako ng laro niya ngayon, I want to surprise him for saying 'Yes' to him.

"Go Ethan!" I cheered. May liga sila ngayon at kalaban ay kabilang school, he's sporty talaga and the dedication to basketball is on top. May potential siya.

Ang pogi ng boyfriend ko.

He smiled at me, as he walks by i felt butterflies in my stomach again. He's driving me crazy, ang pogi pogi talaga niya. Nakakainis naman talaga! How could a manly like a God fall for me? Ano 'to, Lord? Kampi mo na ako ngayon? Friends na tayo?

"Galing mo naman! Last quarter na, talunin mo na sila Mr. MVP!" utas ko.

"May naitalo ba akong laban, baby? Wala. They should be afraid," He jokingly said. But that's real, magaling siya sa basketball. Kaya marami rin nagpapantasya sa kaniya eh, nakakainis nga! Pero okay lang, inggit naman sila kasi nililigawan na ako ng crush nila.

He won the game. Pero na sprain ang ankle niya nag sanhi ng atensyon ng lahat at tumahimik sa pag cheer. Tumakbo na ako papunta sa kaniya, but then I realized may mga tinataas na poster 'yung mga tao sa bleacher.

"CAN I BE YOUR BOYFRIEND, SOPHIE?"

I saw his teammates giving me flowers. What? I didn't expect this! Akala ko ang mag s-surprise sa kaniya. Ako pa ang na-surprise niya, my plan is to say yes after his game because alam kong maipapanalo niya 'tong laban na 'to.

"Sophie, can I be your boyfriend?" paulit pa nitong tanong.

As Ethan's question hung in the air, my heart raced with a mix of anticipation and uncertainty. Saying yes meant crossing a threshold into the unknown, but as I felt his arms encircle me, I knew it was where I wanted to be.

"Ethan," I whispered, feeling a smile spread across my face as I nestled into his embrace.

"Yeah?" His voice was soft, filled with hope and vulnerability.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend," I confess, my words carry a weight of sincerity.

A moment of silence passed, heavy with the unspoken emotions between us, before Ethan's arms tightened around me, pulling me closer.

"Really?" His voice was laced with disbelief and joy.

"Really," I replied, feeling a surge of warmth fill my chest as I met his gaze. "I can't imagine being with anyone else."

The corners of his lips curled into a smile, mirroring my own, as he leaned in to press a gentle kiss against my forehead.

"I'm so glad," he murmured, his words sending shivers down my spine. "I've been hoping you'd say that."

In that moment, I wrapped in Ethan's arms, I knew that this was just the beginning of our journey together—a journey filled with laughter, love, and countless moments like this one. And as I hugged him tightly, I silently promised to cherish each and every one of them.

Lalong umingay ang crowd dahil sa nagawa naming eksena. He hugged me and kissed me, and I didn't know that Mom and Dad is here! I'm embarrassed! My gosh.

As I wrapped my arms around Ethan, the weight of his question lingered in the air, but it felt right. I had a wave of feelings upon accepting him as my boyfriend, including thrill, nervousness, and tingling excitement of what was to come. I was surrounded by the warmth of his embrace, which gave me confidence that something wonderful was about to begin. I was ready to explore the depths of our connection and create something significant together, and I knew with every beat of my heart that I was starting a new chapter with him.