Hufflepuff

Maeve followed the other first years into the great hall, she looked around in awe and looked at the ceiling where there was floating lanters.

" It's an illusion. "

Hermione explained the roof wasn't real.

" Before we begin, Dumbledore has a few words. "

Mcgonagall explained. Letting Dumbledore speak, before the house sorting ceremony started.

Eventually Harry's name was called, and the hall went silent, Harry was put into Gryffindor.

" Maeve Grinblehawk. "

Maeve's name was called, the hall went silent, quiet whispers filled the hall as everyone's eyes was on Maeve as she sat down on the stool.

The hat was placed on her head.

" Miss Grinblehawk! Well... I see, head in a book, just like a Ravenclaw... "

The sorting hat was unsure where to place her, she had the traits of almost every house, she was a multiple trait person, but with a heart of pure kindness.

" I know just where to put you. "

Maeve hoped it was Gryffindor, since she knew Harry, Ron and Hermione were put in Gryffindor.

" HUFFLEPUFF! "

The sorting hat yelled, Maeve's face contorted into disappointment and sadness, she looked to her friends at the Gryffindor table.

Maeve sighed as she went to the Hufflepuff table, she sat down nervously as everyone started to crowd her.

Maeve just tried to drown out each of the voices who were asking her for autographs and asking to be her friend.

Maeve just kept reading her book.

Draco noticed the disappointment on Maeve's face, he didn't realise that, she was Maeve.

Nobody ever knew what Maeve looked like, so when he was talking to Harry earlier, he didn't realise there was another famous person on the train.

Once dinner was over, Maeve just wanted to get away. She looked around for an escape, until she heard a voice call her name. Maeve turned around and saw a teacher, a man with black hair, he was wearing a black robe.

" Nice to finally see you again Maeve. "

Maeve glared at him, not quite knowing who he is.

" Who are you? "

Maeve asked defensively, gripping her book tightly in her arms.

" My name is Professor Snape. I knew your parents before they died, your mother made me your godfather. "

Snape explained, Maeve's eyes widened.

" So you'll tell me why I'm so famous?! "

Maeve asked with hope.

" Yes follow me. "

Snape led Maeve to Dumbledore's office, where Dumbledore explained everything to her, about her curse, the power she was born with and the reason why Voldemort wanted her dead, so he could absorb her powers.

" So... I have a curse, and Voldemort wanted my powers? Though, I've never used these powers. "

Maeve questioned, confused.

" Yes, you haven't yet unlocked these curse powers, however now that you are here, you might just unlock it. "

Dumbledore explained. Maeve sighs softly, shaking her head.