Chapter 7: Tension

Thursday 8:00am

"Mmmm! What time is it?" The Heartfilia yawned and stretched her arms up high, over her head. She had a peaceful dream smiling at her picture of the pinkette on her dresser. She got out of bed, starting her morning routine. The time was eight o'clock she had to be at work for her novelist job at nine. She decided to stop by the pet store soon to get herself a cute little friend. She always wanted some company in her home mainly the man she desires but an animal best friend wouldn't hurt. She walked into her bathroom preparing a hot shower. After cleansing her body of dirty particles she was nice and clean. The steam fog covered up the mirror.

'I wonder what Natsu's doing right now? Maybe at work?' He did leave me on read... Probably with that thing again. Why can't he be mine already? Why is it so hard to get him...?' Lucy sighed quietly and finished getting dressed. She brushed her teeth and applied her lipgloss a shiny light pink shade. She walked into her kitchen making breakfast for herself a nice plate of strawberry pancakes, eggs, fruit and coffee. She ate but that sudden feeling of loneliness struck her instantly. She couldn't help but think about him. She made him the center of her world and heart. It breaks her knowing she can't have him but she wants him there isn't another. Sting popped into her head but she only did that to gain attention from her everything. Making him jealous was the goal but she seemed very indecisive to stoop so low.

"Alexa play thinking about you." The music machine lights up as the song begins to play. She wanted a few minutes to think and sing to herself. One of her favorite hobbies to do more-so what she plans to do on Friday. She couldn't wait to start her self care day for just relaxation. She thinks back to her dream briefly.

"I try to make it through the night
But, I can't control my mind
I'm just thinkin' 'bout you
I'm thinkin' 'bout you
I'm just thinkin' 'bout you
I'm thinkin' 'bout you
Got these thoughts in my head
Ain't no way to forget
Got me losin' my breath
Nobody got me the way that you did
Had my eyes rollin' back
Had me archin' my back
Now you love me so good
I wish you would hurry up, and come back
Oh, I don't have you here with me
But, at least I have the memory
I try to make it through the night
But, I can't control my mind
I'm just thinkin' 'bout you
I'm thinkin' 'bout you
I'm thinkin' 'bout you (about you, baby)
I'm just thinkin' 'bout you ('bout you, ah)
I'm thinkin' 'bout you
I'm thinkin' 'bout you (I'm thinkin' 'bout you)
(I'm thinkin' 'bout you)
I'm just thinkin' 'bout you
I'm thinkin' 'bout you (say you don't, baby)
I'm thinkin' 'bout you ('bout you)
Baby, I don't want no one, no one else
So hurry, 'cause I need some, need some, need some help
And I've been waitin' patient, patiently
'Cause I don't have you here with, here with, here with me." The blonde breathed even musical tunes were making her uneasy and sad. She didn't want to move on she just wants to be with her best friend. Even the term alone burned a patch to her heartstrings. Each string was set ablaze chipping away into smoldering ashes. A blackened pile on the floor. She turned it off and placed her dishes in the sink. She locked the house up getting into her car. Her outfit consists of a white v-neck long sleeve, brown skirt, black stockings and light brown Ugg boots due to the cold. Starting the engine the lady was on her way to her job.

...

"Thank you so much! Happy reading!" The golden woman smiled waving and gave the man her next chapter completed peace. He nodded and disappeared into his office to go read her paperwork. More people were lining up to get their hands on the Adventures of Iris Book wanting to get a copy. She looked up thinking a new person was coming in but it ended up being someone she didn't expect. Her face was blank and confused yet hopeful.