𝟏𝟎 -- 𝘊𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴

DAYLIGHT
✧˚ · . 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦

˚ ⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘌𝘕, 𝘊𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 ⋆˚。⋆ ˚( 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 ; 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 )

( 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 ; 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 )

— 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘢 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘻-𝘏𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 —

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬 𝗠𝗨𝗖𝗛 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗢𝗡𝗘 was in school. Katherine and George were staying at the house. Will came to help George and Katherine did pepper duty's, while Cassie did her school stuff. It was pretty easy, and it seemed right, if she didn't knew something, she would ask Jackie later.

After she finished her schoolwork, she walked to Katherine. "Hey sweetie, finished your homework?" The woman smiled at her in the kitchen, pouring herself a cup of coffee. The girl nodded. "Yeah, it was pretty easy" she said confidently, with a glacé of confusion.

Cassie never was so smart like Jackie or Lucy, but smart enough to pass classes, even if it wasn't with the best grades. But here in Colorado, where she wasn't in her classroom, it was easy. She understood everything. And again there was that question. But why?

Maybe because she was alone? Or maybe because she was happier? It could've been everything.

"Can I ask you something?" Cassie asked, fidgeting with her fingers. Katherine looked concerned, know sure if she was worried or upset. "Sure what's wrong?" The brunette smiled a little bit, before starting to explain. "So today would be Lucy's birthday and it's tradition, that I bake a cake"

"Do you want to bake one today? I could help if you want to? It would be an honor" Katherine smiled softly. "That would be great, thank you" Cassie jumped in happiness. Knowing, it would mean so much to Lucy, even now that she wasn't here.

The day went by with baking and laughing. Kathrine and Cassie went out to get ingredients and spent the day together. Music was played loudly in the car, singing included.

A thing that wasn't planned, was that Isaac, Nathan and Jordan came home earlier since their teacher was sick. It ended up being Isaac and Cassie in the kitchen, which was a mess. It was the third and last cake that they decorated.

Meanwhile they already were covered in flour, from their flour war, and icing all over their clothes. Yet, he hadn't asked why they baked, but why would he. "Issac, what is that?" Cassie laughed, seeing the mess he created.

"You're so messy" she laughed to herself. "Oh I'm messy? You started the war" he reminded her, throwing sprinkles at her. She held her hands before her face, to not get sprinkles in her eyes.

He chuckled at himself, turning to the cake again. They tried to decorate it for almost 20 minutes now, and they didn't make progress. While Isaac kept saying 'confiar en el proceso' which meant 'trust the proces', Cassie knew, it would at least need another hour to finish.

She laughed every minute, about how they looked and what they did. Kathrine would kill them any minute, if they didn't clean up. "Okay, mi amor. What do you think. Purple or blue?" He asked the girl, turning to see her watching him.

He froze. "What?" He smiled a little, as he noticed her watching every little movement he did. She shrugged her shoulders. "Purple" she tried to play it off, but Isaac already noticed, and he couldn't leave it like that.

She turned away, facing the cake again. Cassie was blushing. Why, she couldn't tell. But she couldn't resist, watching him, when she did. He was so concentrated on mixing the icing with color, that it was hard to look away.

He looked so cute doing it. His hair falling in his face and his clothes covered in flour and icing that went wrong. He was really tired after the fourth attempt on mixing their own icing went wrong. But nothing that the great Isaac couldn't fix, at least that's what he said.

Now, his eyes watched her. Her cheeks were now pink. Hot pink. And her hair was in a messy tail. Like him, she was covered in flour and icing. He handed her the bowl with the purple icing. He was right, he fixed it. And it was perfect.

"Wow, Chico engreído. I gotta say, you did a good job," she looked at him again. "I'm impressed" he let out a chuckle. "Why? Because you thought I lied to you?" Isaac asked her. "You may be calling me a chico engreído, but that doesn't have to mean I can't bake."

Cassie nodded with a smile. "I know that now. Doesn't change the fact that you can be a little engreído sometimes" she put up a finger, tapping the air. He smiled at her gesture, then point in at the cake. "We should finish that"

So they did. And it looked pretty good. She gotta say, his repeat of 'confiar en el proceso' was well worth it. It was planned that they would eat cake after dinner, so till then they had time to cool.

In the meantime, the other kids came home, finding Isaac and Cassie clean the kitchen and themselves afterwards. Lee seemed a little jealous after he saw his brother with Cassie, but he couldn't react, he wasn't dating the girl and she could do whatever she wanted to.

The day ended with nerf gun wars, pool noodle wars, Isaac pushing Cassie in the pool and then jumping in, and eating dinner and cake. Just something was off. Jackie wasn't home, and she skipped her English class.

It was odd for her to skip class, she would never even think about it.

Not in her wildest dreams.

And till she wasn't home, Cassie couldn't sleep. She was lucky that Isaac stayed up with her. The whole day she had spend with Isaac and it felt good. Different. She couldn't say why but she didn't care in that moment.

They hang in her room, playing uno and watching movies. She brought him into scream, huch was shocking for her that he never watched the movies. Well, they did a whole marathon. All six movies.

She noticed he had fallen asleep in the middle of the sixth movie, which she didn't mind. Both were tired after their cake adventure, which made her smile every time she thought about it. And the cakes were good. Really good.

Hearing voice in the living room made her get up. It was indeed Jackie, Danny and Cole who came back home. Danny was excused for just being the driver, but Jackie was drunk as hell. And Cole wasn't wearing a shirt anymore.

Cassie's eyes widened, as she saw Jackie. "What the hell happened?" She asked, holding her cousin as she almost tripped and fell. "I'm helping you up" Cassie said, getting a 'thank you, sweetie' from Kathrine.

Going up the stairs with Jackie in her arms, was a fight. Holding her cousin and herself at the railing so both don't fall was the most hardest thing ever. "Jackie, come on" she warned her. In Jackies room, she laid her in her bed. "Go to sleep" Cassie said, disappointed in the other girl.

She ran back down, to find Cole fighting with his parents. Cassie snuck back into her room, where she noticed Isaac still asleep. She sat down, watching him for a minute before smiling at herself.