thirty.

Final exams are around the corner. Most of the students go to the academy or study room to study, including Iseul as well. She has no time to think about her problems if she wants to get good grades on the examination. She opens the door to the study room when she sees Jaeyun and Aera sitting next to each other. She feels a tap on her shoulder and Jungwon is standing behind her, waiting for her to go inside.

"Aren't you going inside?" He asks, still haven't noticed the two familiar students.

"Yeah.." She goes straight to the corner of the room. A little bit far from them. Iseul takes out the study material and starts studying.

Jungwon glances at the two of them as he rolls his eyes in annoyance. He despises the two of them. If they're both gone, life would be easier for him and Iseul. His eyes softened back when he turned to look at Iseul.

Oh, Iseul.. I wish I can make you happy. I wish I'm the one you choose.

"Stop staring at me, Jungwon." Iseul suddenly says without looking at him.

"Huh—? Oh, no I just.." Jungwon quickly shifted his gaze to the book in his hand. His cheeks reddened when he gets caught staring at her.

Iseul had a lot on her mind. She feels upset. Take a break? It's literally asking for a break up! There's no difference. Just what is he thinking? Is it because of Aera..? No.. she knows Jaeyun isn't like that. But it doesn't feel like they're in relationships anymore. They don't act like a boyfriend or girlfriend but they also are not officially breaking up with each other. This is so complicated.

"Jungwon, do you like me?" Iseul asks, while they're walking home together.

"Why did you ask..? I'm sure you already know the answer." He rubs his nape nervously.

"But you know I like Jaeyun, right? I love Jaeyun.. if I keep pushing you away because of Jaeyun, will you eventually give up on me?" Just like Jaeyun. I keep pushing him away that it leads us to this situation. I'm sure Jungwon will get tired of me, and move on from me.

"No. Unless you give me a reason to give up on you, I will not give up." Jungwon held her hand. Iseul, you're my saviour.

"Jungwon.. can you hug me?"

Jungwon hesitated to do it since it's the first time Iseul asked for something like this. But when he sees how tired she's looking right now, he immediately wraps his arms around her, pulling her closer to him.

"It's my first time in a relationship. I thought being in relationships with someone you love is fun.. I don't know it could be this tiring."

"Not everyone's soulmate is their first love or first boyfriend. That's why they broke up. And not everyone broke up because of bad reasons. Sometimes, they still love each other but still decide to let each other go because they think that's the best for them. It's better to break up rather than being in a relationship that could wear you out."

Iseul just listened to Jungwon before she replied, "At first, I couldn't understand why people break up. You confessed to them right? That means you really love them so how could you think of breaking up? How could someone have a change of heart.. do they really love that person in the first place?"

"And I also think people that have healthy relationships would get into arguments sometimes. It would be more weird if you never fight with your partner, don't you think so? Iseul.. just follow your heart. Think what's best for you. Don't think about what people might say, think about yourself first." Jungwon crouched down to match his eyes level with Iseul. He gives her a reassuring smile. His fingers gently caresses her cheeks while his eyes look into her, full of love. Anyone could tell he really loves her, adore her, and care for her. That goes the same for Iseul.