𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

The sun filtered through the glass windows, setting her skin alight as she lunged at the punching bag

The sun filtered through the glass windows, setting her skin alight as she lunged at the punching bag. Left. Right. Left. Right. She attacked it effortlessly, body moving with practiced agility. She was light on her feet, her hair swaying in whichever direction she moved. With one final punch, she stopped.

Stumbling backwards, she raised her arm to her head, wiping away the sweat that lingered. She crouched down, hands on her knees as she panted heavily.

The view of her training shoes now disrupted by an outstretched hand holding her bottle of water. She looked up to see her friend, Rentaro, and took the bottle with a smile.

"Let's take five." He told her, gesturing towards the benches at the back.

She followed him towards the bench and took a seat beside him. Placing her water bottle down on the floor in front of her, she turned to face him and was immediately distracted by the size of his biceps.

"Damn Ren, what the hell have you been eating?" she said with a laugh, lightly slapping his arm.

"Oh my god, you need to try it out! It helps a lot with muscle growth and hydration. It's a big, fat piece of your mother." He retorted, grinning widely.

"Haha, very funny. Can you be normal for one minute please?" She spoke as she reached for her water bottle, taking a sip.

"Whatever Ji, have you finally done that assignment you were stressing about?" He asked.

"I'm almost finished, I'm struggling on what to write for the conclusion." She frowned with displeasure. Jiah had always found coursework difficult and she barely had the time for it. Juggling university, training and her part-time job was exhausting to say the least, only having time to work on her assignments in the 1 hour breaks she had between university and training.

"I'll send you mine." Rentaro said with an amiable smile. He had known her for four years and never hesitated to help her out, even going as far as giving her a ride anywhere she needed to go. Jiah was not only his friend but also like a little sister to him.

"Seriously?" She paused as he nodded, "You're the best, Ren!" Jiah happily voiced, thankful of the stress about her work being lifted by the kindness of her friend.

"Yeah, yeah I know. Now, let's go practice in the ring." He stood up to stretch his arms. Jiah followed, standing up beside him. She winced at the sudden pain in her legs, grabbing onto the nearest surface, that being Rentaro's arm.

"Rentaro, my legs are killing me, please carry me to the ring!" She pleaded. The pain wasn't too bad and it certainly didn't stop her from walking the short distance to the boxing ring but Jiah preferred the option of being carried there instead.