𝟎𝟎𝟐.

❝ʷᵃᵛᵉˢ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ❞

❝ʷᵃᵛᵉˢ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ❞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐃𝐄, 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘. Lapped at the shore continuesly, like a starving creatures hunger that could never be quite diminished. It was somewhere around midnight, and even the biolumiscent fauna in the water and near by tree line had already began to die down in brightness as if it too, was going to sleep.

The village was quiet, practically all marui pods were dark, without a sound coming from inside. It was a peaceful night, and no one could imagine anything that could destroy it as they dreamed in what looked like a death like state. Deep sleep having taken ahold of them like a disease.

Of course it wasn't long till the first faint outline of a body broke the waters surface, in the dark it appeared like some ghost, raising up from the seafloor. It's color and shape didn't seem to quite fit the environment, rolling around limp as the tide washed it in ashore and onto the soft sand.

This seemed odd, and in a way scary. Another body breached the surface, bubbles that carried it up now breaking around it like boiling liquid. Then another. Till eventually around a dozen bodies were scattered over the beach. Some still getting battered by waves in the shallows while others already appeared to be dead on the sand. A dark inky substance washing from their bodies and dragging along the sand with the current till it reached the lips of the first tide. Truthfully it was a spooky sight to behold.

Only later when the sun began to peak did the bodies get attention. The fishers who left early in the morning stumbled on to the hard-to-miss sight as they were about to head out. And before the sun had even risen fully. Most of the village were already clustered on the beach, talking in tones and volume that gave way to worry and fear.

"Guys! Come, the fishermen found something!" Tuk said to her still slumbering siblings. Only moments before, Neyteri and Jake had gotten up and left to see what the fuss was about. Not bothering to wake any of their four children as they went.