TWO

As I entered my room and plopped down on my bed, I could feel my body relaxing. Everything felt so much better now that I spent time with those that make reality so easy.

After uni, Marcus decided we should go out and have a day to ourselves. We went to a pub and ate SO much food. Drank beer and danced and sang on the top of our lungs in a parking lot of a useless building. Completely forgot homework and drove around.

Derek called mummy and told her we'll be home late. Marcus dropped me home at 3 am, tired but so so happy and fresh. I'm an extrovert, love going out and making people happy and to do exactly that today made me feel so alive.

I dropped back on my bed, stretching my limbs and yawning.

I laughed when I heard Bruno trying to get on the bed but was too small to do so. I picked him up and laid him on the bed as I got up to go to the bathroom.

Changing my clothes, I remembered the guy from the uni. The one who wore a leather jacket at 9 in the morning! How pathetic! How desperate can one be to get attention? I chuckled at the thought of him.

I remembered how he blew the smoke out his mouth and thought he was looking hot?! The expectation of some people, my gosh.

He didn't look like a mix and he was definitely not Pakistani. What is he doing here? The only white guy I know in our town is Derek. His parents are missionaries and has been raised by his grandparents.

I wonder who he is now. it's too late to stalk, I'm too tired to do so and I don't have time to spend time on Someone who wears leather jackets and smokes cigs so early in the morning.

I spit the toothpaste out of my mouth and changed into my pajamas. Loving the soft feeling.

I laid back in bed, cuddling Bruno. I thought of my arranged marriage. Whether it's real or just a joke. Whether my dad will give me the choice of the date or not.

I sighed, laying on my back. I remembered what Marcus told me. You are the main character of your life, you are the only one who can control your life.

I closed my eyes, repeating those words and building courage to show my dad attitude. I really need to show him that I'm in control of this. He chose the guy and marriage. I'm choosing when I'm getting married and that's period.

Before I knew it, this pep talk I was giving myself turned into praying to Jesu and then turning to softly snoring while Bruno lays on my stomach. The blanket covering both of us while the moon light makes our room a little shade of pretty purple.

Drool slipped out my mouth like a river into the sea. I felt a tickling, feather touch on my cheek which made its way to my temples, and slowly it went on to my nose and then lips. I was too lazy to be awaken from my sweet sweet slumber so I just moved my hand around. I'm sure that act looked like a dying witch but I couldn't care less.

I heard laughs and an unusual heaviness on my bed which made me open my eyes. I saw Debi's face a little too big to see in the morning. I flinched back from her and turned my face to the side, figuring out what's going on.

I saw Marcus, sitting on the bed looking as innocent as a toddler with Bruno on his lap. Derek with a phone in his hand on the end of the bed with Nick looking over his shoulder.

I yawned and turned to my side.

" What are you guys doing here? " I said, completely ignoring how they were tickling me with God knows what just seconds ago. What I said casually seemed like a joke to them because they burst out laughing.

I side eyes them and snatched my phone from the bedside table, looking at my face, everything's normal except for the dried drool on my cheek.

" What's funny? " I said as I also let go of a laugh.