i wish you would

a/n: hello, hello! this one-shot was inspired by taylor swift's song "i wish you would" off of her album, 1989. if you haven't heard the song, i highly recommend it. don't use youtube though. i hope you like this and if you do, it would mean the world to me if you voted, commented, and/or followed me. i love you all.

anxiously awaiting tonight for pll and a new stitchers,

ashton.

{ cameron's pov. }

it is 2 am on a rainy evening in los angeles and i am driving in my car with the windows down while playing my copy of The 1975's self-titled album.

why was i driving home at 2 am? the reason's name was kirsten clark.

this wouldn't be happening right now if i hadn't stayed late at the chinese restaurant/stitchers program headquarters working on cracking a code for memory mapping.

and i wouldn't have been working late if i weren't trying to avoid thinking about kirsten. so technically, it was all her fault.

why was i avoiding thoughts about kirsten? excellent question. well about a month ago, i started to see this girl. her name was olivia and she was beautiful and smart and actually funny and by some weird coincidence, she liked me.

they met- olivia and kirsten. kirsten decided that there was no way that a person could be so perfect and decided to look into her... even though i told her not to. but since when does kirsten listen to me, right?

as it turns out, kirsten was completely right about olivia in the end. i didn't find out the truth until it was too late though. only after kirsten and i had our very heated argument on the phone about the type of person olivia was did i find out that i was wrong. i could still hear kirsten's words in my head.

"cameron, i am telling you: she's not who you think she is." kirsten urges me to listen to her.

"no, kirsten, i'm telling you that it's none of your business."

"yes, it is."

"um, no. it's really not. we aren't together and we never have been. we may be friends, sort of, but that does not give you the right to tell me who i can and can't date and it also doesn't excuse the fact that you dug through olivia's past when i told you specifically not to."

"she's a prostitute, cameron. a prostitute. is that really the type of girl you want to be seeing?" kirsten yells into the phone.

"you know what, kirsten? why do you even care who i'm seeing? are you jealous?" i ask, holding on to the sliver of hope that she might have feelings for me.

"get over yourself, cameron. i'm not jealous; i'm simply trying to look out for you."

"like i'm going to believe that." i say, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"believe what you want, cameron. i'm done with you, bye." the line goes dead and i stare at the phone in shock.

i didn't fully believe kirsten. the next day, olivia and i went out for lunch and i asked her if what kirsten said was true. of course, kirsten was right... i hadn't seen olivia since.

but i also hadn't seen kirsten since then either.

at first i tried calling and texting and apologizing multiple times, but then after awhile, i just stopped trying. she wasn't picking up and i felt like a fool. she had stopped coming to work and camille was under strict orders to not say my name or talk about stitching. not that there was much to talk about without kirsten here. we didn't want to risk anyone else, but we were getting desperate.