Chapter 2

The two hug for a good couple of seconds.
"Sorry about how I treated you tonight. I just thought... you know... I felt led on or something. Guess I was wrong. Sorry." Rob apologized.
Evangeline sighed. "It's okay. I know what it feels like to be accidentally led on. I'm sorry. I think we hit it off, but not romantically." She made a white lie about hitting it off to not hurt his feelings. She leaned into the hug. Rob let go of the hug sooner rather than later, and he took his raggedy ass shoes off, leaving his feet in holey socks.
"I just realized I never got your name." He said to her as he walked over to his sink and counter. He opened up a cabinet.
"Oh, I'm Evangeline. Evangeline Ramirez." Evangeline introduced herself as she stepped over a small pile of clothes.
"THE Evangeline Ramirez?!" Rob looks over at Evangeline with a dropped jaw, closing the cabinet with shock.
"Holy nut-rod!! You know you're famous, right?"
Evangeline paused.
"Uh.. yeah. I think I'd know if I was famous..." Evangeline uttered softly.
"Sheesh, lay off it. Learn some sarcasm." Rob said in a cheesy voice as if referencing something. He opened a cabinet and got out a bottle of Miralax. He screwed the cap off and poured a little into it, getting out a skinny straw from a box
"Wanna smoke?" He offered as he took a big whiff. Evangeline just looked at him in horror. She rubbed her head. She might as well, her life is ruined anyway.
"Why not." She walked over to him and took a skinny straw, snorting some and immediately getting high.
"This is the first time I've ever smoked. I never thought my first time would be with Miralax." She sighed and sniffled with a shrug. She spotted a few bean bag chairs and plopped herself on one. She heard a squeaking sound next to her. She turned to see a big fat rat on the bag next to her. She squealed and jumped a little.
"God! What is that!?" She asked. Rob turned and ran over. "Oh, these guys? They're my pet rats. This girl's name's Lizzo. She has a twin brother named Rizzo." He picked up the rat and let it wander as it pleased. He walked over to a hamper and found another rat. He ran up to Evangeline again.
"This one here is Rabe." He smiled.
"Rabe?" Evangeline asked.
"Short for Rabies."
"Oh my god, ew!!" Evangeline shrieked. Rob laughed.
"Don't worry, he doesn't have rabies," he said, before baby-talking to the rat, then putting it down. Then another rat scurried by.
"That one's Poison.." Rob pointed to Poison as he scurried to Rabies. Then, another fat rat came along. Rob picked him up and almost shoved him in Evangeline's face.
"This guy's name is Chunk E Cheddar!!" He said cheerily, before scratching Chunk E's head. Evangeline scoffed.
"That's it, I'm out of here. I can manage living with a druggie that I only just met, but rats are where I draw the line." Evangeline grunted as she tried to get up from the beanbag. She managed to get up and she went to the door. Rob followed her, Chunk E Cheddar still in his hand.
"Hey, now, no need to leave, they don't bite!" Rob followed her as she went up the staircase and out of the secret door.
"I don't care if they bite, they're probably infested with seven diseases, two of them having diabetes! Besides, I hate rats." Evangeline argued, walking towards the road as if going to wave over a taxi, even though it was useless at this time of night. Then, out of the blue, a car comes running past the speed limit, hitting her! She fell, and the car drove off before they could be caught. It's too bad no one could read the license plate in time.