Standish

It's been 84 years...

From this chapter on, I'm gonna try to include little references to movies, shows, and maybe even YouTube videos. Kudos to you if you find it. Once I finish the book and each one is found, I'll reveal to everyone what the reference is.

Good luck.

[Spidey swings through the city and calls MJ.]

Spider-Man: Hey, it's me.

MJ: This curry is legit.

Spider-Man: So what do we know about Charles Standish?

MJ: Let's see-- Chief Financial Officer at Oscorp. Single. Known for his art collection.

Spider-Man: If Li's after him, it's got to be related to Devil's Breath.

MJ: I'll run a search on everything in that file.

Spider-Man: Let me know the second you find something. I think Li might be planning something even worse than City Hall.

MJ: So are we partners now? Cause it sure feels like we are.

Spider-Man: Partners. Sounds good.

"From lovers, to friends, to partners, to lovers. Very poetic." Tony said

MJ: Okay! See ya, Partner!

Spider-Man: Police look like they could use some help.

[Spider-Man starts fighting the demons.]

Demon: (Stand fast, Mr. Li rewards courage!)

Demon: (You are shameless and less than human!)

Demon: (Stop screwing around and kill them!)

[Spidey defeats the demons.]

Police Officer: Friggin' terrorists. Thanks for the assist, Spider-Man.

Police Officer: Someone radio dispatch; we need a wagon.

Spider-Man: There's probably more of them inside. You guys stay here. (enters the parking lot) Somebody was in a hurry...

[Some security guard calls Spidey.]

Man: Spider-Man!

Spider-Man: You're hurt?

Man: I'm okay, but you gotta find Mr. Standish, fast. Those guys in the masks kidnapped him and forced him up to his place he lives in the penthouse. Top floor.

"Kidnapping someone to bring them to their home isn't kidnapping, more like... I dunno." Someone criticized

"Also, why did he need to say the penthouse was on the top floor, isn't that what a penthouse is?"

Spider-Man: Okay, sit tight.

[Spidey fights more demons.]

Demon: (Take him down!)

Spider-Man: So glad you're here. I can't find my car-- could have SWORN I parked on this level.

Demon: (Get in close!)

Demon: (He's in the air!)

Demon: (Defeat is unacceptable!)

Demon: (Back away from him!)

Demon: (This city will know the truth!)

Demon: (Time to end this.)

Demon: (He's just a man -- get him!)