14. Cruel Summer

"Fever dream high in the quiet of the night"

***April's POV***

*A/N: yes, I know I just used April's POV, but I have to again for the story line to work!*

The next morning is different from all the other mornings I've woken up with Spot.

For one, we took a big step with our relationship last night. Secondly, I can officially say we have a relationship because people who secretly exclusively hang out together don't sleep together. Thirdly, there is someone pounding on my bedroom door.

"April, are you in there?" Crutchy yells, knocking on the door. Spot and I sit up straight.

"What do we do?" Spot whispers, grabbing a sweatshirt off the floor and throwing it at me. I quickly put it on and grab a pair of spandex shorts from the drawer by my bed. He's already wearing his boxers.

"I don't know!" I whisper.

"Fine, I'll let myself in then," Crutchy sighs on the other side of the door as I'm getting ready to push Spot off the bed. But Crutchy opens the door before we can even try to hide.

Spot and I freeze as Crutchy's jaw drops.

"Bro, you can't just burst into my room!" I yell. I'm glad my parents are out of town this weekend.

"I've been knocking for the past five minutes, but now I see why you didn't answer! SPOT CONLON IS IN YOUR BED!" Crutchy shouts, staring at Spot.

I jump out of the bed. "Crutchy. You're my brother, right?" I hear Spot moving around behind us, probably trying to get his other clothes.

Crutchy finally looks at me, disappointment and anger on his face. I could care less though, he's not my parent. "Yeah."

"So, you're going to choose me and not tell our friends about this, right? Nobody needs to know."

Crutchy shakes your head. "You can't seriously be asking me this right now. You slept with Spot Conlon. How many times did this happen?"

"I don't see how that's your business," Spot says, stepping up beside me, dressed in his button down and dress pants, holding his jacket.

Crunchy glares at him. "I don't remember asking you to speak. Why don't you get out of my house?"

Spot smirks. "You don't scare me, Morris."

I place my hand on Spot's arm. "I got this. Why don't you head out? We can meet up later."

"No, you won't," Crutchy says angrily.

I glare at him. "You have no say. We'll talk, but then you'll go back to letting me do what I want."

"You sure you got this by yourself?" Spot murmurs, turning towards me.

I turn towards him too. "Yeah. I'll text you, okay?"

Spot nods and leans down to kiss me. But Crutchy already ruined the moment, so I turn and let his kiss fall on my cheek. Spot pulls back and looks at me, rolling his tongue on the inside of his cheek, a hint of anger in his eyes, and then he turns and leaves, brushing past Crutchy.