Roses And Rubish

"You looked beautiful today."
Itachi started up on the sofa he was spread across. Slapping the book closed in his lap. Kurama stood in the doorway of his library.
"I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh- no you didn't scare me."
The raven sat up.
"Thank you. Would you like to sit?"

"Yes. I believe there is something we need to talk about."

"As do I."
He barely breathed the words, tucking a stray hair behind his ear, and sitting up right. Kurama came and sat on a large arm chair to the left of him. Leaning forward he rested his elbows on his knees.
Itachi was no longer in the black pants painted with white roses or the billowy white blouse that fell off his shoulders. He was now relaxed in that night gown Kushina had bought for him. He must have liked it. Wearing it almost every night now. The neckline cut deep and the shoulders hung loosely on his figure; flowing around his arms. A sash cinched his waist and the skirt fell to the floor. The white top fading to such a pale pink at the bottom it was almost impossible to see. His raven locks were unbound. Falling over his shoulders and down his back.
Kurama was still in his apparel of the day. A loose, long sleeved, sage green shirt tucked into black pants. His hair up it's is usual knot to keep out of his face.
They sat in uncomfortable silence for a long moment. Itachi drawing shapes on the cover of the book in his lap.
"I know-"

"Listen-"
They started at the same time before halting.
"I'm sorry, you go first."

"I've been the one to speak the most on this subject. I would like to hear more of your view."
Itachi gestures for him to continue so with a sigh he did.

"Listen, Itachi, I know everything that's happened over the last month has been a lot but—... I don't think running away will help."

"I am not running away!"

"Yes you are! You are running away to America, just as Obito did."

"I am trying to move on!"
Itachi's voice raised to almost a shout and the two paused to insure they hadn't woken anyone in the house. It was late in the night and the others were asleep.
"I am trying to find a place that feels safe to me."

"This place doesn't feel safe?"

"Why would it?"

"Because I'm here."

He almost huffed a laugh.
"What are you to me?"
It quickly died in his throat as he realized what had left his mouth. He swallowed thickly.

"What am I to you, Itachi?"

A long, painful silence filled the room. The heaviness of the air making it hard for Kurama to breathe. Finally Itachi's eyes darted away to stare down at the book on his thighs.
"You were an escape. Now you are just a distraction, and you are quickly becoming an annoying one."
Itachi prayed his voice carried more venom then he felt in his heart.

"You don't believe that."

"I do!"
His eyes snapped up to meet those piercing crimson ones.

"Do you?"
Kurama asked slowly and Itachi's eyes fell again. With a sigh Kurama stood.
"I know my feelings for you and I've made them very clear."
A beat of silence passed.
"And here I am begging you, break my heart or except it. But please don't leave to America and leave me here waiting for you. Because I will wait. I'll wait until the day I die for you unless you can tell me with full belief and honesty that you don't want anything to do with me. We can not just be friends, we can not just be sex partners. I am in love with you Itachi Uchiha and I can not be with you in any other way. You can never be anything to me besides the man I love. So please... don't make me wait. I will if I have to but please don't make me."
Itachi said nothing, only looked down, his hands drawing shapes on the green cover of the book. Stuffing his hands into his pockets Kurama looks away from the raven. His voice shifting from pleading to formal.
"Madara says he wants to leave in a weeks time. Give you and Sasuke a chance to get to know him before he takes you away. Sasuke will continue to attend school at his international boarding school and so will Naruto. So they will be together throughout the school year, only separated on holidays. Madara does not know they are a couple, I have no inkling of idea how he feels about that sort of thing. But he has lived in America for many decades and they are open minded people as far as I am aware. Perhaps he is too. I would however suggest you tell him of the baby before you go. It might change your mind about going with him if he reacts badly."