✩ 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 ~ 𝚛.𝚝. ✩

pairing: richie tozier x (fem)reader

warnings: cursing, major innuendos

word count: 3572

song: helpless when she smiles, backstreet boys

requested? [yes] [no]

—————————————————————————————————————

ʀɪᴄʜɪᴇ ɢʀᴏᴀɴꜱ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ rain begins to pour faster outside the diner window. It's already May and the rain still hasn't stopped. I guess that's what is to be expected from a state like Maine: Lots of rain, lots of flooding, lots of wet socks.

"I can't believe we have to walk home in this shit," Richie grumbles, crossing his arms. I roll my own eyes at the weather and stare at the sheets of water pelting Main Street and all of the shops lining it. My house isn't too far, but I know that Richie's is and he'll be pissed that he has to walk fifteen extra minutes. I lean my head on his shoulder in comfort and he huffs, looping his skinny arm around my shoulders.

"Come on, Richie," I say after a few more minutes. Everyone else in the diner has made a run for it and we are starting to get nasty looks from the staff. "We just gotta brave it out."

He glares at me out of the corner of his eye, knowing that I'm right. "You sure your mom won't pick us up?"

I laugh dryly at that. "No." My mother hates Richie because he's loud and obnoxious, but that isn't the only part about him she doesn't like. She thinks that he's friends with weird people and that he won't go to a good school because he isn't focused on getting good grades. That still hasn't deterred me from going out with him, even if it's a total secret. Probably the biggest secret ever.

"You can borrow my math homework for the rest of the week," I propose, knowing it's an offer he can't refuse. Richie hates math more than anything, but not because he's bad at it— he just thinks that it's a waste of time and isn't useful to him.

"Alright," he sighs, taking the fifteen steps towards the door with a heavy frown. It only takes a few seconds for me to be completely soaked, but I decide that it's not as bad as I thought. The air is warm but the water is cool on my back, providing a surprisingly nice feeling. Richie, however, doesn't seem too keen on staying out in the rain for any longer than he has to.

"I'm gonna get super sick from this, you know," my boyfriend whines, sniffling for extra emphasis.

"Since when are you concerned about getting sick, Trashmouth?" I ask with a grin, pushing my wet hair out of my eyes. He shoves me playfully and my shoes splash in the puddles lining the road. I know it really isn't safe to be walking in the middle of the road when it's dark and raining, but it's Derry. Nothing dangerous ever happens here.

"Since now," Richie retorts as I rejoin him on the road. "But I think you should be concerned about me getting sick. It's part of your girlfriend duties."

"Secret girlfriend duties," I correct him, which makes the smile on his face drop a little. Richie hates keeping our relationship a secret, but my parents can't know about us.

"Right," Richie says as we come to a stop on the corner of my street, Wighton Avenue. He takes off his glasses and rubs them on his shirt before putting them back on his face. "Well, Secret Girlfriend, I had quite a delightful evening with you," he says in a curt British accent.

I smile at him in return. "It was nice seeing you, too, Rich."

He blushes at the nickname and puts his hands on my face, giving me a short kiss. I am first to pull away, leaving him trailing after my lips. "Really, I have to go home. My dad would probably kill you before you stepped foot on the lawn if he saw you."