✩ 𝚐𝚊𝚣𝚎𝚘𝚋𝚜 ~ 𝚎.𝚔. ✩

pairing: eddie kaspbrak x (fem)reader

warnings: extreme swearing

word count: 1338

song preference: livin' on a prayer, bon jovi

requested? [yes] [no]

—————————————————————————————————————

[ɴᴀᴍᴇ] ʜᴀᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜰᴇʟᴛ happier.

She walked side by side with her best friend, her boyfriend, and nobody was bothering them. Eddie's hand brushed dangerously close to hers and surge of premature butterflies surged in her stomach. Eddie felt a similar rush climb up his spine, shocking heat spots all over his neck. A red tint appeared on his face and [Name] rubbed her arm, feeling a similar flush.

"I, uh. I gotta run into the pharmacy. For something," Eddie reminded his girlfriend. The couple, as premature as they were, didn't think the dating in itself was awkward; It was the expectancy to keep quiet about it. She knew Eddie's mother could be less than forgiving in many circumstances, but [Name] was yet to formally meet her.

"Yeah," [Name] responded, and the pair cut through a familiar alley to reach the drugstore. Eddie found this to be the perfect opportunity to use a trick Richie had given him: opening doors.

Pulling the door open, he looked at her expectantly. In response to his polite gesture, she smiled and then continued inside. While Eddie marched down the center aisle to meet with his certain doom cloaked in a skin named Gretta Keene, [Name] eyed a few candies, beauty products, and a surprisingly bountiful assortment of Band-Aids. Carefully, she listened in on the exchange happening between Gretta and Eddie, although nothing much came out of it except for her asking to sign his cast. [Name] knew something was odd about that, but only pulled a bright orange package of gauze off of the shelf and, after examining it with absolutely zero interest, she placed it back on the shelf.

"[Name]?" Eddie called, making the [color] haired girl turn. She spotted the germaphobic boy nervously shifting from foot to foot, the arm stuck in a cast stuck firmly behind his back. [Name] walked to his side and the pair exited the drugstore and were hit with a steaming wall of the Maine heat wave.

"What happened? You look upset," [Name] asked after a few moments of walking.

"Gretta wrote something stupid on my cast," Eddie replied weakly, not daring to look his girlfriend in the eye. He took a puff from his inhaler as she hummed, turning her gaze to the sidewalk ahead of ner.

Kicking a rock along, she muttered, "Stupid people do stupid things." Eddie let a small smile slip, but that was nearly all of a reaction [Name] received.

The two of you walked in awkward silence, and when she were certain he wasn't looking, [Name] snuck a look at Eddie's cast and realized the word written in heavy black sharpie was the word "LOSER." [Name], the thinker and planner of the Losers Club, immediately began to think up a solution.

After turning left on Cork street and another left on Middleton Avenue, Eddie realized the neighborhood was becoming familiar. He turned to his girlfriend and with a confused look, pointed out, "[Name], you don't live on this side of town. Why are we walking this way?"

"Because I want to go to your house," she answered plainly. Eddie froze in his place and felt his heart drop out of his chest.

"You're shitting me."

[Name] shook her head.

"You're shitting me. [Name], do you understand that my mother will fucking kill you?!" Eddie shrieked, his eyebrows pulled heavily together.