ミ★ 01

Scott has a band performance today at the Rockit.

There's just one thing wrong with that.

Stephen just doesn't seem to respond to the messages he's sending.

Scott sighs at the sight of yet another missed call.

It's in two hours. The performance.

Stephen shouldn't be the guy to miss the calls, right? He's always worried.

What would the audience think if Sex Bob-Omb didn't even show up?

Scott throws the phone down and slumps back down in Ramona's bed at the fourth missed call.

"Ramona! What am I gonna do?" He calls out.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"Stephen won't pick up. Our performance is in..what.." He glances at the clock. "..like..two hours!"

"Is he okay?" She asks, barely even paying attention.

"Uh, I mean..I'd like to ask that..but he won't pick up! At all. I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother performing today." Scott sighs.

"Uh..like..how long has it been since you've heard from him?" She asks, eating cereal.

"Like, two days ago, I think. I just want to know why he won't pick up." He says.

"Um..By any chance, were his..eyes red..when you talked to him?" She asks, paying more attention now.

"Maybe. I guess they were kind of red..why?" He asks.

"What do you mean why? Do you not know about the new infection?" Ramona looks at him seriously.

"New..infection? No? Nothing comes to mind.." He says.

"I..you..d—"

Something bangs on the door loud.

"Ramona! Let me in, quick! Please! Now!" A voice pleads.

"Is that.." Scott asks.

"Kim!" Ramona yells, rushing to open the door.

She opens it and Kim quickly runs inside, panting and gasping for air as Ramona quickly locks the door after her.

"This is the most scared i've ever seen you. What happened?!" Ramona asks.

"Stephen..he..he's not.. normal." Kim says.

"Not..normal? Is he.." Ramona asks.

"I-Infected. That's the word. He's infected." Kim answers.

"With what?" Scott asks, totally confused.

"I..don't think there's a name. Yet. He's..um..not normal.. he's trying to kill me." Kim says.

"Wait, what?! He's trying to kill yo—"

"Yes, Scott. There's a new virus around. It's not told who started it. Did you not read the newspaper?!" Ramona asks.

"Uh..I..um..skimmed,.it?" He awkwardly smiles.

"I'll have to tell you later. But Kim, how did..why did he start chasing you?" Ramona asks.

"I came to his house to check on him. Joseph answered..and..then..got killed..in front of me..by Stephen. Then he started to chase me. I don't really know the context. He kind of..came out of nowhere." Kim says.

"Joseph is..dead..or infected?" Ramona asks.

"Dead. Torn up on the floor. I didn't want that to be me, so I ran as fast as I could. Here. The only safe place I know, other than my house, which is further." Kim tells her.