022, rory flood is a rat.

✧*̥˚ 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 *̥˚✧amelie flood x sam golbachchapter twenty-two || 🎬🤍🦢

amelie flood x sam golbach
chapter twenty-two || 🎬🤍🦢

✧*̥˚ 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 *̥˚✧amelie flood x sam golbachchapter twenty-two || 🎬🤍🦢

     Amelie sucked in a breath before opening her front door. Her three roommates were nowhere to be found and as much as Amelie wished to enjoy the silence, she couldn't. She had awoken to Carmen's dog getting on her bed - where he knew he wasn't allowed - and ever since her morning had been absolute shite.

     After throwing on a random crewneck and a pair of shorts, she basically ran to the kitchen for her daily dose of coffee, but not only was there no coffee granules in the whole apartment.. there was also no milk, which might have sucked a little more. She had sat on the floor for at least ten minutes before she pulled herself up to get dressed and go to the shop. Everything between finishing getting ready and putting on her coat was fine, but the second she picked up her keys, they got caught in her tights, creating a run from her mid thigh to below her knee.

    She swung the door open as she grabbed charlie's lead like her life depended on it, but what she saw on the other side shocked the life out of her. Her eyes went wide in shock as a smiling Bethany Flood stood on the other side.

    "Mum!" She yelled her voice cracking as she did so.

    She hadn't seen the woman since her mother's birthday which was back in January. After the initial shock wore off, a huge smile planted itself on Amelie's face. She dropped the dogs lead, not watching as Charlie ran back down the hall and into Carmens room.

    "Are you going to invite me in or make me stand out here all day?" Bethany laughed as her daughter grabbed her upper arm and dragged her into the house.

    Amelie stared at the woman for a moment, trying to figure out if she was real or if she was still asleep. Beth smiled softly before bringing Amelie in for a hug.

    "What the hell are you doing here?" Amelie asked, resting her head on her mams shoulder. Bethany was a few inches shouted than her, but seeing as the woman wore heels or platform shoes everywhere you could barely notice.

    Bethany pulled away and dropped her bag, "Can I not visit my eldest?"

    Amelie shrugged, unable to speak for a few moments. She followed the woman down the hall, waiting for her to critique every little thing - not specifically in a bad way, but not always in the best ways.

    "Did you get a new sofa?"

    "Yeah... My friend, colby... He, uh, spilled a bottle of vodka on it a few weeks ago and we couldn't get it out so we got a new one." Amelie had to hold herself back from laughing at the image of Colby falling over Riley's legs and ending up on the sofa, face down with an empty bottle now poured all over the white cushions.

   Bethany gasped, "The one off of your youtube?"

    Amelie turned her head slightly, looking at her sceptically, "How do you know about that?"

    She leaned against the counter, "I watch all your videos, Mel. The same way I watch everything your sister is in."

   "Really?"

    "Of course!" Amelie almost cried at her words, but that feeling was quickly washed away when she saw a familiar expression on her mum's face, "Speaking of your youtube... Your sister tells me you're still single."

    Amelie scoffed loudly, several times, unable to string a sentence together. She watched as Bethany's smile only grew wider. She wasn't sure what pissed her off more, her mum bringing up her love life - or lack thereof - or Rory being a rat.

    "Not all of us are lucky enough to have a husband who loves us enough to build a fashion brand from scratch because we hated all the clothes in our wardrobe and threw a strop..."

    "I did not throw a strop!" Bethany defended herself but it was no use, they both knew the truth.

    Back in the late 80s, early 90s - a few years before Amelie was born and a few after they had gotten married - Bethany Flood threw a tantrum and refused to leave the house for a week, declaring she had no clothes, what she didn't know was her husband - Hayden - would walk away and into his study and map out everything he would need to build her her very own wardrobe.

    "Speaking of dad!" Amelie interrupted, very happy to move on, "Where is he?"

    "Gone for his daily sugar intake." Her eyes lit up when she talked about the man, and sometimes Amelie thought the two were still like teenagers in love.

    Amelie rounded the island and flung her arms around her mum again, "I missed you so much."

   Bethany ran a hand over her daughter's hair, "I missed you, too."

"

thank you sm for 50k reads and 2k votes!!