Chapter 67 - Preparation

"Any words to justify yourself?" Kurumi coldly stated while aiming the muzzle of the short pistol at the clone.

"Ara ara, I do not understand what you are asking about?"

The clone directed her line of sight elsewhere while the pistol was still directed against her. The purposely blunt and foolish manner of response caused blood vessels to protrude from Kurumi's forehead.

Although it was a clone, the individual with the pistol pointed against her was not exactly the same as Kurumi.

To be exact, while the share the same body and face, her hairstyle and selection of clothes were different than that of Kurumi.

A Gothic Lolita dress decorated with a rose hair ornament and a stylish eyepatch covering her left eye, this was the Kurumi from five years ago, who has a complex consciousness from various circumstances.

Although it was a clone with a history of many problematic behaviors, it seemed to have continued to act with privately intentions this time as well.

Kurumi aligned the muzzle at her chin, while making a frustrated groan from her throat.

"Please do not be so foolish. The other me has already reported it. I've heard that you told Lucas-san and Kotori-san about DEM's assault."

"Other me. Was that sort of thing reported? Wow, there seems to be no trust here. How sad, it makes me want to cry."

"I did not consider that sniveling would be a tactic commonly employed by me."

As Kurumi narrowed down her gaze as she finished speaking, eyepatch Kurumi stuck out her tongue to extraordinarily provoke Kurumi's nerves yet again.
Whether or not she bothered to notice the reaction, eyepatch Kurumi proceeded onward in the same honest tone.

"However, I don't understand what is wrong. Is informing Lucas-san truly such a terrible thing to do?"

"......That matter..I was intending to inform later through another clone. It's important to be conscious of being targeted."
After Kurumi finished, eyepatch Kurumi's facial expression brightened as if she were saying "sure enough!"

But, Kurumi sharpened her gaze while still pointing the pistol towards eyepatch Kurumi.

"However, the purpose of doing so was to urge Lucas-san to take refuge. It's especially meaningless to incite a person whose life is targeted onto the battlefield. Moreover, to say such unnecessary things......!"

"Eh, what is this unnecessary thing..?"

"T-that is......"

"And, even if you tell them, do you honestly think Lucas-san and Kotori-san's actions will change? Or does me have something in mind to convince Lucas-san to run away?"

"........."

Faced against eyepatch Kurumi's argument, Kurumi could only remain silent.

It was regrettable, but she was right. Kunshu Lucas would never turn his back if he knew about Kurumi's actions. No matter how she would phrase it, he would not attempt to escape.

Eyepatch Kurumi ought to be aware that Kurumi also understood this. Eyepatch Kurumi let out an "ahaha" laugh that made Kurumi feel even more annoyed.

"......Well, from one matter to another. Regardless it's a fact that you were acting independently of my instructions. Disobedience will bring ruin to the established group order. Your sin will be redeemed with your death."

As Kurumi said that, eyepatch Kurumi didn't seem that surprised. She merely replied back by saying "yes, yes" and slightly nodded her head.

Judging from her reaction, Kurumi presumed she had expected as much. From what she had heard from the other clone observing her, it seemed that eyepatch Kurumi had resolved to take action despite knowing the punishment beforehand.