The River in Reverse

"Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus ask Rebekah, who after having heard of Hayley's disappearance, came running back home.

They are now both sat at the dining table, it's filled with breakfast foods. Klaus ignores it all to bite into the wrist of the compelled server standing beside him.

"No, should I have?" Rebekah inquires, sounding unbelievably innocent.

And Klaus doesn't believe that for a second.

"He's been mysteriously silent...avoiding me, some might say. I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons into your ear. Along with all those sweet nothings." Klaus taunts.

"If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you." Rebekah huffs.

"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes. 'My saintly noble brother lies writhing in agony in the Bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite, when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain'." Klaus mocks.

"On the contrary, Nik, I am simply enjoying my brekkie, waiting for Elijah's healthy return." Rebekah denies, Klaus doesn't believe that for a second.

"Oh come on Rebekah, you've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it!" Klaus exclaims.

"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth." Rebekah suggests.

"Poppycock! I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger." Klaus reminds.

Rebekah gets up from her chair and goes to leave the room before turning to face him.

"There is something fundamentally wrong with you." She informs before flouncing out of the room.

Klaus pulls out his phone from his pocket and dials a familiar number.

"Hey." Stiles' voice greets him from the other side of the phone.

"Are you sure you must stay in the Bayou? I could pick you up immediately, we could have a walk around town, I could show you my favourite spots." Klaus offers.

"Yes, I need to stay here Klaus. I can't leave either of them. Knowing our luck, something terrible will happen if I leave them alone. But that does sound lovely...rain check?" Stiles suggests.

"Rain check. You do realise that Hayley has grown feelings for Elijah don't you? Aren't you worried?" Klaus questions.

"No, Hayley is going through a slight saviour complex. Elijah got her away from the witches, that's making her look at him in a certain light. But she's not actually in love with him. She doesn't know him well enough for that." Stiles denies.

"Where are you right now? I can't imagine your saying all of this in front of them." Klaus asks.

"I'm getting wood for a fire, it won't be long until it's night time and we need warmth." Stiles informs.

"Wow, you really do trust Elijah around Hayley, if you've left them alone together." Klaus huffs.

"And I trust you just as much. I'm going to trust both of you until either of you give me a reason not too. Just don't give me a reason." Stiles says.

"Never." Klaus promises.

#####

"Listen, I've got to go. It's already getting dark out here and I do not want to get lost in these woods." Stiles tells Klaus.