Card A Live

One morning, in the high school of Tengu City, a teenager was walking down the hallway of the building.

He was Caucasian in appearance, about sixteen years old with black hair styled to resemble Tom Holland's hairstyle and blue eyes. He was dressed in a high school uniform consisting of a long-sleeved white shirt, a black blazer with school emblem, gray pants, a blue tie with black and gray stripes, and black shoes. Concealed under his belt and jacket was a small box large enough to hold a deck of cards, and hanging from its neck was a pendant representing a scythe of fancy design.

He stopped in a classroom with the door closed. He wasn't alone in waiting outside the door, there was a girl with a stunning beauty.

She appeared to be the same age as him. She had pearly skin and long black hair partially tied with a red ribbon, with bangs covering more of her left eye. Her right eye was colored. She was wearing a female version of the high school uniform.

"Oh, hello. Are you new, too?" She asked as she noticed the teenager's presence.

"Uh... Y-yes." Said awkwardly the teenager having obviously fallen in love with the student.

This made the latter giggle.

"My name is Kurumi Tokisaki. And you?" She said and held out her hand.

"Nathan... Nathan Farewell. Nice to meet you." Said Nathan, trying his best not to look stressed.

"Likewise." Said Kurumi, amused by the boy's reaction.

Soon after their teacher opened the classroom door and waved them in. It was a rather young looking woman with a pair of glasses and wearing a pink shirt and a yellow skirt.

They entered the classroom and each of them wrote down their name on one side of the board and turned to face the class, where almost all the boys had their eyes turned to Kurumi.

"Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" Asked the teacher.

Kurumi nodded at her suggestion and turned to the class.

"Hello everyone, my name is Kurumi Tokisaki. I hope we all become great friends." She said. "And just so you know, I'm actually a spirit."

This information, dropped like a hair on the soup, took Nathan and three other students by surprise: a boy with blue hair, a girl with white hair, and another girl with dark purple hair.

"My name is Nathan Farewell. I hope we can get along well together." Said Nathan, doing his best not to show that Kurumi's revelation had shocked him.

"Okay..." Said the teacher still a little disturbed Kurumi's announcement as she looked around the classroom until she saw two empty seats at the back of the room. "There are two seats at the back of the classroom."

Doing as their teacher asked, Kurumi and Nathan walked to the empty tables and chairs next to each other at the back of the room and sat down immediately. With the new students introduced, the lesson could begin.

----------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, after class, Kurumi asked if someone could give her and Nathan a tour of the school, and the blue-haired student who was identified by his classmates as Shido raised his hand.

The tour went well overall, despite some friendly teasing from Kurumi. Shido tried to understand by talking to her why she claims to be a spirit. Kurumi remained evasive.

Once he had left the building, Nathan started to walk home. As he walked, he could see Kurumi right in front of him. When he saw her, he ran up to her to say hello until she accidentally bumped into a guy who was with two other men who looked like a three-person gang.