Overwatch: A New Ark is Born

Have you ever wondered how Overwatch came to be? When it was first announced in 2014, it took the world by storm as Blizzard's latest creation. Trailers were released to die-hard fans who still wanted more, and never stopped wanting to play the game. It wasn't until mid-2016 that the beta was launched. Blizzard's biggest launch ever, with millions of players playing the game.

We're going to follow the story of one of them, who was lucky or unlucky, depending on your point of view, to be absorbed by the game. Here's his story and how Overwatch evolved under his leadership.

As well as being a fan of Overwatch, he was also a fan of Kamen Rider, in particular Kamen Rider Zero One.

He was currently at a convention, dressed in a Kamen Rider Ark Zero One cosplay well enough to be mistaken for the Stage Show costume in which this Rider appeared. The only thing that gave the costume away was the Driver, which was the toy with the Progrise Key sold with the Stage Show DVD, and the bag in which he kept his phone and wallet.

His costume attracted a lot of attention, so he could be accosted and have his photo taken. Some of the people who wanted to take a photo with him were also in cosplay, which made for a fun photo. He could be photographed with Sephiroth, Ahri, Kasumi and Momiji (which, being a fan of the kunoichi trilogy, made him laugh a little), or even the only one whose photo he also had: Tracer.

He couldn't miss this opportunity, especially with such a well-made cosplay of the character, given that Tracer was his hand in the game.

Once the convention was over, he returned home, removed his cosplay and placed it on a table in one of the living room armchairs. Then, now dressed in a red T-shirt and black pants, he sat down on the sofa. Revealing a young man of 25 with mid-length black hair slicked back, and blue eyes.

Then, with a can in hand, he turned on his console and decided to play a game of Overwatch, not realizing that the red eye of the Ark Zero One Progrise Key glowed slightly.

Then, when his game actually started, a red light engulfed the room, blinding him for a short time.

When the light faded and disappeared, the young man could see that he was no longer in his living room.

"What the hell?" he thought as he felt something at his waist. He looked down to see the Zero One Driver there. "What the hell?!"

He did his best to regain his composure and observed his surroundings until he came upon two strangely familiar-looking children.

"Uh... Excuse me you two, tell me... where am I?" He asked as he approached them.

The two children looked at each other as if someone had asked them the stupidest question in the world.

"Like you don't know where you are!" The younger exclaimed. "You're at the Overwatch Museum! The best place in the world! No! No! In the whole galaxy!" He shouted enthusiastically as he stretched out his arms, trying to prove his point.

As Chris stared at the young child, he realized he was no longer in his own world. He was in the game... or rather, in the game universe, given that Blizzard is a studio obviously incapable of making a story mode in one of their games.

"Oh, for fuck's sake... I was isekaied. And in a game at that, what originality. It's not like a hundred anime had done it." He thought, trying to keep the words from coming out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry about my brother, sir. He always gets very excited when it comes to Overwatch." Said the elder, breaking the trance-like state of the young man, who turned to him, trying to keep a straight face despite the initial shock.

"It's not bad. It's always nice to see such an energetic child, it reminds me a bit of my childhood." He said with a smile.

"Say... I don't suppose you could show me around the place since I don't know much about it."