The Legend of Zelda: The Force Of Love

(A/N: This is an excerpt I had written in advance in order to make a zelda BOTW/TOTK story where a player would have become isekai shortly before Ganon's appearance and would have accidentally taken Link's place in the story.

This passage illustrates his reaction when he discovers that Zelda has turned into a dragon, and the moment when he recovers the Mastersword. Enjoy your reading and let me know if you like it more and want me to do the full story one day.)

-----------------------------------

After discovering that the Geoglyphs that had recently appeared all over the kingdom contained memories of Hyrule's ancient times. Hayden surveyed the kingdom, determined to find out what had become of Zelda. He searched relentlessly for every geoglyph, every location of every dragon tear. And he finally learned everything that had happened.

Zelda's arrival in ancient Hyrule.

Her friendship with the kingdom's first monarchs.

Ganondorf's transformation into the Demon King.

The course of the Seal War....

And... finally...

That... to repair the Legendary Sword...

Zelda had swallowed her Occult Stone... and transformed into a Dragon... to bathe her in its light...

After seeing this last memory... Hayden looked up to see the Dragon he loved had become... the Sword of Legend stuck in his skull....

At that very moment Hayden's world collapsed... his reason for fighting was no more.

His whole body shook... his knees buckled... he was on his knees, still trembling as moans of sadness escaped from his mouth, which he did his best to keep shut...

Tears finally began to flow...

And finally... he broke down...

"Wh... why...?" he whispered... " Why?!"

He began to pound his right fist into the crevasse formed by the last dragon tear... Zelda's last tear...

"WHY? !!!! WHY?!!!" He screamed in despair repeatedly, continuing to hit the crevasse harder and harder as the whole kingdom could hear his lament... Absolutely everyone...

-----------------------------------

At the Zora estate, Sidon hugged Yona as he felt his friend's despair.

-----------------------------------

In the piaf village, Teba, Dézelle and Babil bowed their heads, feeling the grief of the man who had saved their village earlier.

-----------------------------------

In the Goron village, Yunobo also bowed his head.

-----------------------------------

At the Guerudo City, Riju fell to her knees... Hayden's cries of distress tore her apart, even though she knew it would never be reciprocated... she loved him. And to hear him so inconsolable broke her heart.

-----------------------------------

The rest of the kingdom, from those who didn't know Hayden to those he helped in his quest with small gestures, could only listen to him cry out his grief.

-----------------------------------

And finally... Zelda herself, who could do nothing but continue flying, protecting the Sword of Legend. Even if in taking this form she had lost sight of who she was, listening to her lover's cries was a torment... But she had to endure it until he came to claim the sword...