01 x 02

Omari pulls up to the gate; he rolls down his window as he begins typing in a code. Their parents looked at Omari, perplexed.

"When did Maryel'le live in a gated community?" Mayte chirps up. Omari ignores his mother as the gate opens, and he pulls up to the security.

"I need y'all ID."

"You have mines in your wallet." Danielle reminds him.

"Why we need our IDs?" Marion ignorantly Asks.

"Because her gated community will not let us in unless we give them our IDs." Mayte opens her purse, impressed.

"Oh, this man got my baby in a safe community! I like him already!" Mayte exclaims, looking for her wallet.

"They can clearly see that we're related. I don't know why they would need to see my ID?" Marion argues. Mayte lets out an annoyed sigh,

"Marion will stop being ignorant and give them your damn ID!" Mayte exclaims. Omari glances over at the Security guard at the post. The guard chuckles as Omari and Danielle are regulars.

"So, these are the 'rents?" He asks as Omari hands him their IDs.

"Wait, you know him?"

"Yeah! Mari is a regular! By the way, how is Amira?"

"Oh, she's great!" Danielle rolls down her window and shows him a picture of Amira. The guard takes the phone.

"AWWEE!!! She's so adorable! Did she come with y'all?"

"No, we left her back in Henderson, but Auri got her in the best care! And honestly, I could use the break." Danielle says, chuckling. The guard chuckles, shaking his head, and handing Danielle her phone back.

"Who are you telling? When I leave here, I gotta go back to three of them." Omari gasps.

"Hannah had the triplets? Oh my, the time has passed! They got to be at least a year now, right?" Omari asks.

Mayte and Marion sit there, confused. How long has Maryel'le been living here? Mayte clears her throat, distracting Omari.

"Here's my ID." Mayte nudges Marion, who begrudgingly hands Omari his ID.

"Why do you need our IDs?" Marion asks as Omari groans, embarrassed by his father's behavior.

"Omari, it's cool! We just need to have it in our file for security purposes."

"Does anything bad happen in this area?" Marion asks.

"Oh! NO! sir. We're actually listed in the top 5 safest neighborhoods in Connecticut!" The guard informs him as he scans their IDs. A red screen appears, and he sighs. He hands them their IDs.

"I just have to get the residents' permission to allow you guys in." Marion and Mayte looked at him, offended. Mayte leans over Danielle to the window.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Mayte asks, offended. The guard shakes his head, de-escalating the scene.

"The residents don't have you on the list of allowed visitors and it's also the fact your IDs are new to our system. It's just a safety percussion!" He reassures her. Mayte goes back into the Navigator and looks at Omari & Danielle.

"Did y'all have to go through this?" Omari and Danielle tried to hide the guilty look on their faces. They didn't. Auri specifically put her brothers, their spouses, and their friends as allowed visitors. Nothing against her parents. She didn't think that it would get to this point. So, why add her parents?