Chapter 2: Valiant

Before the next episode started, Tony, Stephen, Mordred, Barry and Percy decided to sit together, they wanted to know each other and they wanted to ask Mordred questions about their parents.

Merlynna and Arthur watched their children interact in awe. "Arthur." Merlynna whispered.

"Yeah?" Arthur responded.

"I want a girl next time."

"Yes, dear."

"I understand you have a shield for me." A familiar voice said.

"Is that?" Arthur asked, leaning forward.

"It's Valiant." Merlynna said.

"Who's Valiant?" Tony asked.

"A bastard." Ewan glared at the screen as he remembered what Valiant had done, not only to him.

The merchant, Devlin, motioned for him to come behind the counter. "With your swordcraft and this shield, I guarantee you'll win." Devlin said.

"Show me how it works." Valiant demanded.

"Certainly. Þærinne ymbcierran. Organ horwiht dolg." Devline said the spell. The painted snakes on the shield came to life and slithered out of the shield. "When you're competing in the tournament, you pin your opponent under the shield, a snake strikes. Your opponent will be paralyzed." Devlin said as he handed him the shield. "The snakes are now under your command. They'll do anything that you tell them to do." [Translation: Change it here. The sound of my voice causes filthy wounds.]

"Anything?" Valiant questioned.

"Just say the word." Devlin nodded. They both laughed.

"Kill him." Valiant said. A snake darted out from the shield and stroked Devlin.

"I hate snakes." Tony glared at the screen.

***

Merlynna walked into Arthur's chambers with breakfast (which she set down at the end of the bed). Arthur needed to train for the upcoming tournament. She smiled at his snore, she walked over to the window and opened the curtain. She hovered her face over his. "Rise and shine!" She yelled, causing Arthur to jerk awake. He realised that she had taken him away from his lovely dream, he glared at her, playfully. "Aww, was the Prince having a nice dream?" She asked in a baby-voice.

"Yes, actually I was... it was all you and me having fun on his very bed." He smirked as she looked at him with wide eyes, causing him to chuckle. He got out of bed and allowed her to make it up, he purposefully stretched, subtly flexing his muscles, he smirked when he realised that she was watching. She blushed when she realised that he had caught her staring. "Enjoying the view?" He asked.

"Ew... mum and dad are flirting." Mordred faked gagged; Arthur gave him a playful shove.

"J...just go eat." She said, pointing to his food. "I've started your bath as well." She said. As she passed by, he gently grabbed her arm before kissing her on the cheek, then walked to his bath.

"Thank You" He called over his shoulder, as she blushed and went to finish his bed. 

***

Valiant rode for Camelot and placed his helmet and seal on the registration table.

"Knight Valiant of the Western Isles. I'm here for the tournament." He said.

"Welcome to Camelot." The Steward smiled.

***

Arthur was training in his standard armour (without his helmet) but Merlynna wasn't wearing armour.