S2- What did you do now Jamie?

The family, still navigating the strained relationships and betrayals, operated with caution. Jamie, eager to earn back their trust, seized the opportunity to help, offering to pick up Spencer from school.

Afterwards Jamie took a detour with Spencer and drove to some place in the woods. Spencer confused asked, " Where are we Uncle Jamie?"

Jamie, masking his nervousness, tried to reassure her, "Wait here, I'll just be a minute." He handed her some cookies and fiddled with the radio dial. "Here, you can listen to some music."

Outside the car, Jamie met with Sarah, the journalist aiming to write an exposé on John and the ranch. An eerie silence enveloped the woods, broken only by muffled voices. Spencer, keenly observing from the car, felt a knot tighten in her stomach.

 Spencer, keenly observing from the car, felt a knot tighten in her stomach

Suddenly, Jamie's voice escalated, resonating through the trees. Spencer strained to understand the words, but the atmosphere grew more unsettling by the second. Then, Jamie's silhouette rushed toward Sarah, forcefully pushing her against the car. Spencer gasped, cookies forgotten.

A chilling scene unfolded before her. Jamie, driven by desperation, resorted to violence. He began to strangle Sarah. Spencer's breath quickened. As Jamie's anguished scream echoed, Spencer sat frozen, witnessing a reality she couldn't comprehend.

Moments later, Jamie opened the trunk, locking eyes with the traumatized Spencer. He uttered, "Don't look, Spence." Her shock held her captive as she faced forward, covering her ears to escape the gruesome sounds of Jamie struggling to load Sarah's lifeless body into the trunk.

" Her shock held her captive as she faced forward, covering her ears to escape the gruesome sounds of Jamie struggling to load Sarah's lifeless body into the trunk

Attempting to console Spencer, Jamie got into the driver's seat and said, "We are going to get her some help. She will be okay, don't worry, Penny." But Spencer, still processing the horror she had just witnessed, remained silent, understanding deep down that the woman in the trunk was far from okay. The SUV rumbled to life, heading back to the ranch, a heavy silence enveloping the vehicle.

---

The SUV rolled to a stop at the Yellowstone Ranch. As Jamie stepped out, the weight of his dark actions settled heavily on his shoulders. Spencer, visibly shaken, ran toward Rip, seeking comfort. Rip, perceptive to the distress, knelt down, cupping Spencer's face, "You alright, cub?" Spencer clung to Rip, her silent distress palpable.