peter johnson is here!

word of the bathroom incident spread immediately. which didn't surprise sasha since nothing at camp stayed quiet for long. it was like a gossip mill or something. wherever percy went, campers pointed at him and murmered something about toilet water. or maybe they were just staring at sasha, who was still dripping wet. the daughter of apollo asked annabeth to join them, to have someone to restrain her from strangling percy then and there. 

the two girls showed percy a bit more of the camp: the metal shop (sasha trying to say hi to beckendorf but he was indulged is his project), the arts-and-crafts room (where a bunch of satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of a goat-man), and the climbing wall, which consisted of two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava, and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough. sasha was pretty good at it, having one of the fastest scores at camp, not to brag. annabeth wanted to take a turn to show percy the full extent of it but sasha didn't let her, telling the daughter of athena that she'd scare the black-haired boy.

finally, the trio returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins. 

"i've got training to do," annabeth announced flatly. 

"and i think a shower would be perfect right about now," sasha said slightly bitterly, pulling her sticky t-shirt away from her body. "dinner's at seven-thirty. just follow you're cabin to the mess hall. can't be too difficult."

"listen, sasha, i'm sorry about the toilet thing."

sasha raised an eyebrow. "it's whatever," she tells him, half-truthful. she didn't blame him but it was still annoying. 

"even if it wasn't my fault."

the two girls shared an 'is he for real' look, then turned to look at the boy skeptically. because it had been his fault. he had made water shoot out of the bathroom fixtures. 

sasha was beginning to have an inkling for who percy's father might be. and she hoped she was wrong.

"you need to talk to the oracle," annabeth told him. sasha couldn't help but agree. percy was definitely...special

"who?" okay, this kid did not listen to a single word from the orientation film, sasha concluded.

"not who. what," sasha told him. "the oracle."

"i'll ask chiron," annabeth said.

percy got a faraway look in his eyes as he gazed towards the lake. sasha had never actually visisted the oracle herself, despite being at camp for 7 years, but she had heard stories of people going insane. about a hundred horrifying ways in how the oracle has affected someone. the prospect scared sasha slightly, and don't get her started in the whole green smoke snake thing. ugh

sasha turned around to follow percy's eyeline. there were two naiads sitting cross-legged at the base of the pier, about 20 feet below. they were wearing blue jeans and shimmering green t-shirts, and their brown hair floated loose around their shoulders as minnows darted in and out. they were smiling and waving at...percy. and the stupid boy was waving back as though entranced. annabeth slapped his hand down.

"don't encourage them," she chided, "naiads are terrible flirts. worse than drew or some other child of aphrodite."

sasha nodded in agreement. she loved silena but her siblings were shameless flirts. 

"naiads," he repeated back, as though he just got hit in the head by a rock. "that's it," he decided. "i want to go home now."

sasha furrowed her eyebrows at the boy. "don't you get it perseus. you are home. this is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."