Prologue ~ Good Bye Dee

He was sitting in front of me his lips were moving up and down but I couldn't hear what he was saying over the loud buzzing noise in my ears. Kil was moving, and not just anywhere. Canada of all places... CANADA! It isn't like he is moving to Ohio, I could deal with that, but a whole other country! Okay I get that Missouri isn't the most exciting of places but Canada that is a bit far fetched the get away from this dump, okay there is worse places to be, but if they are going because they want a more bipolar weather just a little more extreme then it makes sense... wait no it still doesn't make any sense. God damn it Kil why are you doing this to me.

"So you'll say goodbye to me at the airport?" Killian's voice interrupts me from my thoughts.

"Of course I will Kil! do you even have to ask?" I say trying to hold back my tears. Pulling him into a hug. I hear him say something under his breath but it too quite for me to hear.

***

"You'll call me everyday, you swear." I say sternly, feeling like I'm telling a little kid off.

"Of course I will Dee." Killian says pulling me into a hug. "I've gotta go now but I'll call you when my flight lands." He says walking up to the gate. "Good bye Dee I'm going to miss you." He shouts across the room. "Oh and Dee I-" the gate shut behind him before he could finish
***
2 years later
Chelly and I are walking down the corridor and everyone is talking about "something big" again. I bet Darren and Elena broke up again, they have been on and off again since freshman year, I know everything about their relationship up until a year and half ago, as Elena was my best friend after Killian of course. But that was a lifetime ago, I'm not into eating rabbit food at lunch just so I stay a perfect size 2, I'd much rather eat a big fat greasy cheese burger and fries, then eat something that is 90% water.
"Oh I wonder why they broke up this time" I say to Chelly sarcastically, Chelly is my best friend I met her just over a year ago in the library after school, we both were looking at the same book and we basically hit it off from there.
"I bet you my fries it isn't about them" Chelly says to me. And bet that she must be willing to lose, it wouldn't be fair taking the bet when it is 99.99% certain that I will win, but fries so I decided against being kind.
"A bet that you are sure to lose" I say sure of myself "but deal never going to deny myself free fries-" I say getting interrupted
"- now that doesn't sound like the Dee I know." My whole body freezes and goes tense at the voice I hadn't heard in along time. Killian. Everybody goes quite all eyes are on me, Chelly and Killian. Chelly gives me a questioning look, shooting her a look saying I'd explaining later. I swallow before taking a deep breath turning around to look at my old best friend.
"Well guess we know what everyone was whispering about, then Chel." I say trying to feign confidence.
"Yeah I guess so," Killian says with a smirk, "so did you miss me Dee?" Killian asks with hope in his eyes, though is trying to cover it up with a confident look on his face.
"Considering you stopped calling me," I say sarcastically "I guess not" I say with a flash of a smile. "Anyway me and Chelly better be heading off, I'll call you though yeah?" I say with fake happiness, I walk past him before turning around and saying with a bittersweet smile "oh and good to see you again Kil." Before strutting off down the corridor.
Everyone was standing there with their mouths wide open wanting to talk about what just happened, including Killian, I guess they forgot that I was popular once. I wasn't always the geek girl.