Chapter 1 ~ just someone I used to know

After getting us out of sight of Killian, a push us into a small bathroom that no one knows about as it is on the other side of the school.
"What the hell was that?" Chelly asks looking about as shocked everyone that watched the exchange.
"Oh just someone that I used to know, you know we went to kindergarten and everything together, then we lost contact. No biggie." I say trying to look nonchalant, as I reapplied my lipstick.
"That was not just anyone. That was Killian Andrews!" Chelly basically yells at me "he moved away 2 years ago, to Canada, he was the most popular guy in school, okay maybe not in school but in our class, he played sport and everything." She says gushing every bit of information she knows about Killian, she is on board of the gossip wagon and knows everything that is going to happen and has happened, damn it why didn't I think of that sooner. "Wait he also had a best friend that was a girl," he eyes went wide "oh my god! It was you wasn't it! Jesus Christ Bran why did you never tell me this!"

"I just assumed you knew when we started to become friends" I replied rather feebly. "Look when he moved away I felt lost I didn't know where I stood, then he stopped calling me, I always felt like I was in the popular group not because I used to be a cheerleader, or the fact I was on the dance committee, but because of Killian I was in the superficial world because of him. Not everyone I was friends with was superficial but a lot of them were, wanting to get to the top, I got sick of it after a year and half, I stopped paying attention at the committee meetings, doing cheerleading felt like a chore, I slowly eased myself out of that world into my own, I became invisible enough that they wouldn't not notice me but not be mean to me, I found my place. Now Killian's back I don't know where I stand half of me wants to go hug him and tell him I miss him but the other half is telling me I want to go throttle him for doing that to me." I say letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Ahhh Dee" Chelly says with a mocking and laughter voice.

"Hey! that's not nice Ly" I saw the look of disgust on her face "don't knock until you try it, using the end of a name as a nickname isn't so bad" I say with a matter of fact in my voice, looping my arm in her pulling her out of the bathroom. We both burst out laughing. Yep there it is Chelly my best friend that can make me laugh no matter what.

"Please could Ms Brandy Jones come to the Principal's office." A voice read over the PA system.

"I'm being summoned," I say sarcastically with eye roll and everything. "I'll catch you at lunch" I say before bouncing down the corridor.

***

I knew how to get there the quickest from where we were as my dad used to be the principal, luckily as if I didn't it would have taken 15 minutes. Entering the office I wave at Mrs. Litchfield, before going into the Principal's office. "Ah Ms. Jones please take a seat I'm just waiting for Mr. Andrews to arrive." I stiffen at his name, "is everything okay Ms. Jones?"

"Yep everything is perfectly fine." I say with a small smile.

"Mr. Andrews is here do you want me to send him through?" Mrs. Litchfield said though the system.

"That would be perfect, Wendy." A few seconds later Killian is sitting down next to me. "I understand that you two went to the same middle school?" we both nod "perfect, Ms Jones would you mind showing Mr. Andrews around."

"Oh that won't-" Killian started

"Oh but it will be it is, as you are new here you need a guide."

" You see sir I-"

"I don't want hear anymore about it now shouldn't you be getting to classes."

When we get to the corridor Killian turns to me "sorry I was trying to say I did go here for a bit you know? for a while in freshman year, you don't have to show me around you know."

"Yes Killian I know, I was your best friend you know" I say bitterly, before walking down the hallway to my class. "Hey Kil why are you following me?" I ask.

"I'm not I'm going to calculus." he says nonchalantly. Unbelievable I have to spend the next half hour with him as well.

"I guess we can go together then" I say sighing. Before marching down the corridor.

"Hey Dee you know I never actually wanted to stop talking to you, you're my best friend for Pete's sake." He says almost like he is desperate.

"Was. Killian, I was your best friend, I'm not anymore." I say bitterly.

"Okay, you were my best friend" he says in defeat.

"Good" I say with a timid smile, somehow I feel a disappointed that he gave up. Strange huh.

When we get to the class we are already late, walking in slowly I say "sorry we're late Miss. Knight-Adams we were talking with the Principal."

"It's quite alright Brandy please take your seat. Mr. Andrews there is a seat at the back next to Elena for you." She says before continuing the lesson.

***

I spent the the rest of the day not talking to Killian and Killian didn't talk to me, it was almost like he hadn't come and messed up my emotions, but I can't stop thinking about him now, why oh why did he have to come back?

"Hey Mom, I'm home!" I yell as I shut the front door behind me.

"Hey sweetie could you come up stairs for me love"

"What's going on" When I enter my mom's room I see dressing and jewelry all over the place along with make up and a set of straighteners. Her hair half in curly waves and have straight. I get my hair from my mum and my nose but other than that I look like my aunt.

"That's what I wanted to talk about, your father and I are having a dinner party so you need to get dressed all fancy, and don't worry you won't be the only teenager there, Killian is coming with his parents."

Great. Just great.

"Come on chop chop you only have an hour to get ready." My mom says shooing me out of the room.

********************************************************************************************

AN: Hey I hoped you liked it, it was 1071 words! :O haven't written that much in ages! Anyway please

Vote/Comment/Read

Thank you!

Charlie xxx